~ 3 ~

"Lucy, Y/N/N, do you think-" Edmund started before being cut off by his annoying cousin.

"It's some kind of trick! Stop it or I'll tell mother. Mother! Mother!" Eustace called as he ran to the door. A smile found its way to my face, as I felt Edmund's hand grab mine. "I'll just smash the rotten thing." Eustace yelled as he ran back to the painting, yanking it off the wall.

"No, Eustace! No!" "We can't stop it!" "Get off me! Get off!" "Let go of it, Eustace! Put it down!" "Get off it!" "Let go!" an array of calls was heard until Eustace finally dropped it on the floor, covering the room with water that went up to our thighs. Edmund climbed through everything to try and grab ahold of me and Lucy.

But he fell into the water, and so did Lucy and I, who were right next to each other, and the water started to swirl around as if we were in an ocean.

I started scrambling around, following Lucy while swimming to what seemed like the top of the room for air. When we got up to the surface, it was... a morning sky?

I saw Edmund come up a ways away from me and quickly swam over to him, "Edmund!" I called and he looked over at me. He grabbed my waist, holding onto me.

"Edmund!" Lucy called before seeing a giant ship approaching. Once she saw that I was with Ed, she shifted her focus onto her cousin.

"What's happening? Where are we?" Eustace yelled.

"Eustace, swim!" Lucy called after him.

"What's going on?"

"Eustace, come on! Keep swimming!" I whipped my head around to see men from the ship diving in to help us.

"Come on, move!" Edmund yelled to Eustace right next to me.

"Edmund!" Eustace called.

"Edmund, Y/N, it's Caspian!" Lucy called before two other men came up to help us. I let go of Edmund so that it would be easier to get us aboard the ship.

"It's all right. You're safe now." the men said to the three of us.

"Are we in Narnia?" Edmund asked.

"Yes, you're in Narnia." I couldn't help but smile as I latched onto the man that helped me up.

"That was thrilling!" I heard Lucy say as some of the men handed us some towels. Edmund came up to me and engulfed me in his towel.

"You alright, love?" He said, pulling me tight. I smiled and nodded, earning me a smile back, "Aslan, I missed you so much." And with that, the world disappeared with a kiss.

"Alright, love birds." Caspian interrupted us, and I smiled, happy to see my good friend again.

"Caspian." Edmund smiled, Caspian taking him in one arm and me in the other.

"Edmund. Y/N."

"It's lovely to see you." I greeted, barely able to contain my excitement.

"Great to see you."

"Didn't you call for us?" Lucy asked. I would've loved to listen in on the conversation, but I was snapped out of it by a familiar screetching.

"Now calm down, sir."

"Get that thing off me! Get that thing off me!" I giggled, but my smile faded as Reepicheep was thrown off of Eustace and onto the ground in front of us.

"Reepicheep!" Lucy excitedly called.

"Oh. Your Majesties." Reepicheep turned around and greeted us.

"Hello, Reep. What a pleasure." Edmund said formally.

"The pleasure is all mine, sir. But first, what to do about this hysterical interloper?" Reep said, gesturing to Eustace.

"That giant rat thing just tried to claw my face off!" Eustace yelled.

"I was merely trying to expel the water from your lungs, sir." Reep retorted. I giggled.

"It talked! Did you see? Did anyone just hear that? It just talked!"

"He always talks." I added.

"It's getting him to shut up that's the trick." Caspian joked along with my comment, earning speckled laughs from some crewmates.

"The moment there is nothing to be said, Your Highness, I promise you, I will not say it." Reepicheep sincerely said, and I found it adorable, causing a smile to spread on my face.

"I don't know what kind of prank this is, but I want to wake up right now-" Eustace started rambling and Reep turned to us.

"Perhaps we could throw him back?" He suggested. I looked at Edmund, who looked at the side of the boat. Lucy noticed and hit his arm.

"Edmund!" She scolded him, sounding an awful lot like Susan. I burst out laughing, causing a smile to form on Ed's face. He quickly grabbed me with his arm and dug his fist in my head, teasing me.

We were interrupted by Eustace yelling once again, "I demand to know just where in the blazes am I?"

"You're on the Dawn Treader, the finest ship in Narnia's navy." A minotaur boomed, causing the boy to fall unconscious. "Was it something I said?" He asked kindly as he turned to Caspian.

Caspian chuckled, "See to him, will you?"

"Your Majesty."