~ 6 ~

Y/N:

The Narnians continued to bustle around the ship after Edmund and I parted ways to get ready to explore. Before we knew it, we were on a rowboat, rowing towards an island with sand and dirt houses.

"Onward! The thrill of the unknown lies ahead." Reepicheep said as we docked. I had squeezed into a boat in between Lucy and Eustace.

"Couldn't this have waited 'till morning?" The complainer started.

"There is no honor in turning away from adventure, lad."

"Listen," Lucy started, helping me out of the boat, "Where is everyone?" I shook my head, taking in our surroundings.

"Come on, jelly legs."

"I'm capable of doing it myself." Eustace retorted, slipping once he got out of the boat, earning an eye roll from Reep.

"And you're certain he's related by blood?" I added quietly, to which Lucy just scoffed. We walked into the city, and all of a sudden a loud bell tolls, putting all of us at alert. I drew my dagger, Edmund rushing to my side.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men and secure the place. We'll head on," Caspian said, advancing forward with the rest of us, "If we don't come back by dawn, send a party."

"Yes, your Majesty." Reep quickly responded, keeping a lookout.

Eustace had gone over a few yards to inspect a window before running back over, "Yeah, looks like nobody is in. Do you think we should head back?"

Meanwhile, the rest of us were inspecting the castle gates, Edmund was holding my hand, before he turned to Eustace, "Do you want to come here and guard, or something?"

"Ah, yes. Good idea, cousin. Very, uh, logical," Eustace said, running over to us by the gates. I pulled out my yellow dagger and handed it to him, "I've got it. I've got it. Don't worry," He said, turning around.

We all ventured inside the gates, inspecting the open room before us. Cages adorned the ceiling and the only windows were way up high.

"Uh, I'm ready to go when you are." Eustace called. Edmund, holding his torch in one hand and my hand in his other, approached a book with people's names in it, some of them crossed out.

"Who are all these people?" I asked, my voice echoing throughout the hall.

"Why have they been crossed out?" Edmund finished my thought.

"It looks like some kind of fee." Lucy added.

"Slave traders," Caspian added, and as if on cue, bells rang and men came down on ropes, attacking the lot of us.

I reached for my dagger but remembered I gave it to Eustace. I had no choice but to start singing. I started humming while using my powers to enhance my hand-to-hand combat.

We suddenly heard a blood-curdling scream coming from the door, and we looked to see Eustace with my dagger held up to his throat.

"Unless you want to hear this one squeal like a girl again, I'd say you should drop your weapons." The man who held Eustace began.

"'Like a girl'?" Eustace asked.

"Now!" I willed my power to disappear from my hands as Lucy dropped her sword. Caspian and Edmund followed suit.

"Eus-," Edmund started, angry with him. I quietly used my power to shut his mouth.

"Put them in irons."

"Get your hands off me!" Lucy screamed.

"Let's take these three to market. Send those two to the dungeons."

"No!" I called looking at Edmund. I willed the yellow to leave his lips.

"Listen to me, you insolent fool! I am your King!" Caspian yelled. I tried swiping the man off of his feet with my powers, but they noticed and I was distracted by a healthy slap on the face.

I slowly turned my head back to the man, deathly staring at him, "You're gonna pay for that," I heard Edmund yell, red with anger.

"Actually," the man who threatened Eustace came up to me, lifting my chin with his finger, "Someone else is going to pay for all of you."

"No! Edmund!" Lucy called to her brother.

"Edmund!" I called him as well. I struggled against the man.

"Lucy! Y/N!" He called back to us.

"No! Edmund!" I cried, tears escaping my eyes.

...

We were soon tied against our will, sitting below a wooden platform, we had chains on our necks. Lucy started crying and leaned her head on my shoulder.

We watched as a mom got ripped away from her husband and daughter, which was what made Lucy start crying.

I sat there, harnessing my power, trying to get to Reepicheep to tell them to come to help us. I saw him through the light ball I was producing, and he and the crew were already on their way.

I needed to tell Ed now.

ED:

I watched down below before my eyes caught a crying Lucy resting on Y/N's shoulder.

Y/N was building up her power in her hands.

"You see, if they don't sell you to the slave traders, you're likely to be fed to the mist." the old Lord explained to us.

"We have to get to Lucy and Y/N before it's-" I was interrupted by a little patch of light shining in front of my face. It circled around my head.

It shone against the wall, which made words appear.

'Help is coming - Y/N/N' It read. I clenched my jaw, hoping she was right and continued to watch through the window.

Y/N:

"I bid 60," a man called as Lucy was dragged up to the wooden platform.

"I bid 80." "100 for the little lady."

"Any more bids? Sold!" the slave trader yelled, causing my heart to skip a beat.