Character/ Prologue

Zola Fay Saltzman (Emmy Rossum)

        "I'm finally starting to make sense, dad, I'm starting to feel like I belong, and they are the reasons for that

        "I'm finally starting to make sense, dad, I'm starting to feel like I belong, and they are the reasons for that."

-----------------------------------------------

"Hello"
"Hi, this is nurse Lily from Bear Lake Memorial Hospital in Idaho. I am calling regarding a patient of ours, Zola Fay Saltzman. Is this Alaric Saltzman"
"Yes it is. Is she okay? Where's her mother?"
"I don't know where her mother is but Zola is okay. All I know is that she came into the hospital with bruises on her face, neck, arms, and leg. She's on an IV which is giving her fluids. We also gave her cream for her bruises. Is there a possibility you can somehow come here?"
"Yes I can. I will be there as soon as possible"

Alaric hangs up and stands up.
"Where are you going?" Damon exclaims, stopping him
"I need to go. My daughter needs me"

Alaric leaves the room and everyone looks around at each other. "Alaric has a daughter?" Matt asks

"Yeah he does, she got here when he came but she was always leaving and going" Caroline says.

A day later, Alaric arrives at the hospital looking for Zola. The nurses tell him where her room is and he runs there. When he gets to the room, he opens it to see Zola watching TV. She looks towards the door and sees her father. She jumps out of her bed and runs to her father. They both start to cry in each other's arms.

"Zola, what happened? I tried calling your mother on the way here but she didn't answer"
Zola gets tenses and stops crying "She tried killing me dad. She didn't know it was me and thought I was a burglar when I was coming back from work. She grabbed a knife and tried stabbing me. The neighbor heard my cries and called the cops before coming to help me. They took her away to a rehab center. Dad I don't know what to do"

Alaric, shocked with the news, holds Zola tighter to him " Well I do, Imma sign you out and then you are gonna come back to Mystic Falls with me, okay? I gave your mother too many chances and now I'm done Zola. No more, I'll file for full rights to you and make sure she has no ties to you ever. Okay?"

Zola nods agreeing with her father.

And this is the beginning of a new life in Mystic Falls. But will it be a good one is the question?