Part 5

He was successful in driving away, but was not yet out of danger. Once Lockdown comes back from his scouting he knows he'll be hunted down just like the autobots. If he wanted to help her escape, he would need the help of the autobots themselves. But how could he contact them? Even if they're hunted down they're still not on good terms. Then he remembered. Few decepticons that he had heard of changed sides to the autbots...

"Now isn't the time. Where could we go?" He looked into the deep web for anything, a clue or a sign. Yet he found nothing. He should've came up with a plan beforehand-no. Had he waited a little longer she would have died. He has to keep going. He can't stop here. He can't.

So how can he help? "...Wh-why...?" He heard a soft whisper. He could see the human had barely woken up.

"...I was wrong. I cannot be forgiven, but I hope I can help you."

"..." She only looked at the radio with questioning dead eyes.

"You won't trust me. I don't expect you to. I just hope, that if I can help you escape- I could slowly atone for the things I have done. I want to change..." He muttered.

"...They-...they have a private channel..." He became shock to the girl's quick change of heart. "I-mm I taught them to change it...so we wouldn't be caught...The-the sun will-will shine ag-again..." She breathed out, wincing in her seat.

"That's enough. I'll do that rest. Please don't stress yourself. I promise, I will help you survive." If it meant I could change. He thought. He began working on finding a channel. He hoped that he wouldn't get caught the the government or Lockdown. In the channels he sent out a message in Cybertronian that said 'The Sun will shine again.' He hoped they have gotten and understood the message.

"In the mean time, we need to get you nutrients and clothes..." He mumbled seeing her sleeping state. It grew night as he passed through the city. He was careful to transform in a small space to leave the girl land find her things. First he looked for food then clothings. He grabbed what he could and hoped it was good enough before going back to her and changing back into his alt-form with the girl inside. She was awake but still weak. Luckily she was able to eat some fries left in the bag and a cookie with a water bottle. When she finished she put on a long shirt.

"...Thank you..."

"Please don't thank me. I am not worthy of that."

"...why?"

"I am a terrible bot. The things I've done..." He drifted off grimacing from his memories.

"...Designation?..." He was surprised once again.

"...The name was Deadlock."

"...'was?'..." She asked.

"A name from the decepticons, one I hope to long forget."

"New designation...?"

"I will find one. One with meaning." She stayed silent before speaking up again. "You always look...as if you're thinking a lot...you're mind drifts..." After that she fell asleep. The ex-decepticon stayed awake guarding the young girl and continued to try and reach the autobot's private channel. When he got nothing once again he stopped for the night and continued to drive into the desert. The sky looked clear for the first time in his optics. He was from outer space yet- the stars and moon glowed brighter than how close he was to them before...He wondered why.

As she drove through the dirt road, he found a cave inside one of the mountains and decided that it would be a good place to recharge while staying hidden. He drove towards in and parked inside before shutting down. The girl was still asleep. That was a good thing. Just as he was about to recharge he got a sudden message in his home language.

'The sun will shine again.'

"...Is this the autobot's private channel?" He asked. It grew quiet from the other end. Perhaps that was too much to ask-

"Yes." He mentally sighed in relief. "Who is this?"

"...I have no name. I need help."

"I won't ask again who-"

"I have the girl."

"..." I became silent once again.

"Please. She's dying. I don't know what to do. Get me someone-any autobot. Just save her-please..."

"...What is your location?" He gave them their current location and was promised they would arrive the next day. He could finally recharge with ease. Soon she will be safe. It made him happy For the first time he was happy. He had done something good.

-/-

He stayed inside the cave when the morning came. He was told to say in his position until they had arrived. Although, much to his dismay, the girl continued to sleep. He was sure she wasn't dead, but she was still dying. He prayed, for the first time as well, prayed to Primus that they would come on time. He was also scared. He feared that if he stayed too long, Lockdown would find them and take them back and this time- he might kill her.

He grew anxious and inpatient, he was about to drive off seeing as the autobots wouldn't have trusted him, when suddenly he heard the sound of engines roaring in the distance. He carefully transformed holding the girl in his servos.

I promise. I'll help you...

.

.

.