one

The house was warmer than I'd have liked, and I tugged my gloves off to put them in my coat pocket. I glanced around to see other potential buyers doing the same thing.

We followed the realtor, Marcy, throughout the house as she described it, and I took multiple photos to send to my dad. The house was beautiful, and I was surprised at how cheap it had been going for. I was determined to find its flaw.

After the tour, I went back into the bathroom, while others crowded the large kitchen. I narrowed my eyes at the toilet, and flushed it just to make sure.

"Do you make a habit of flushing random toilets?" A voice behind me asked, and I turned around quickly, blood rushing to my cheeks.

"I-Uh, just wanted to make sure it worked." I fumbled, and the pretty green eyed boy laughed. He was leaning against the doorway with his arms folded, and I felt myself grow redder as I watched him look me up and down.

"Be a bit hard to sell a house if the toilet didn't work." He said, and I nodded.

"Right, it's just the house is really cheap and I wanted to make sure everything works." I explained, and he raised his eyebrows.

"It does." He said, and I frowned.

"What?" I asked, and he made a face.

"Everything works. I've lived in the house for a while, never seen any problems." He said, and I nodded again.

"That's good to hear. Reckon I should make an offer then?" I was already pulling out my phone, and I watched the boy's eyes follow the device.

"'Course. Maybe I'll see you around." He said, and I smiled as I looked up from my phone.

"Y/n. Doubt I'll get it, but the offers gone through." I said, and he smiled back.

"Clay. That's my name. You should consider the house, I wish I could buy any house I wanted. Bye, y/n." The doorway was empty once again, and I paused. I could have sworn the sellers name had been Brian. Clay must have been his son.

As I left the bathroom, a woman ran past, screaming at the top of her lungs. I recognised the prayer, and I paused.

"Forgive us our trespasses!" She shrieked as she flew out the front door, and I made eye contact with a tall blond boy.

"She sure has her head screwed on." He said, and I laughed.

"Seems like it. I like your sweatshirt." I said, and he beamed. It read 'Club Sunday', and it's green colour surprisingly complimented his blue eyes.

"Thanks. My brother told me to get it, and even though he's a dick most of the time it's a sick sweater." He said, and he held out a hand.

"I'm Tom." He said, and I felt a shiver as I shook his palm.

"Y/n. Nice to meet you." I smiled, and he grinned widely back.

"I promise you, the pleasure is all mine. I better go, I'm feeling terribly hungry." Tom disappeared around a hallway, and I walked into the kitchen. There was only one person in it now, and his pink hair made me look twice. As I watched him, he dropped a coffee sachet onto the floor.

"Motherfucker!" He cursed as he bent down, and I stepped past him to take photos of the power outlets.

"Oh, sorry. I didn't realise anyone was here." He apologised, and I smiled politely at him.

"No worries." I said coolly, and he paused.

"What's your name?" He asked, and I snapped another photo of the counter.