seven

"I need your help." I cornered Wilbur the next morning, who winked at me.

"I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about it myself, let's head to your room." He stood up from the living room couch, and I pushed him back down.

"What? No! No! I need your help to find a person. Do you remember Tommy's friend Tubbo? Do you know his name?" I asked, and Wilbur's face softened.

"His name was Toby. God, I loved that kid. Toby Smith. We used to spend hours in his backyard playing families, it was the best." He said sadly, and I patted his shoulder.

"You don't know if he's still alive, do you?" I asked, and Wilbur paused.

"I'm not entirely sure. I know that my father and Sapnap's father both passed away. It's sort of like the feeling when you know you've lost something but you cant remember what all day, and then right before you fall asleep you see their face. I loved Tubbo, so I'm sure he's alive somewhere as I haven't felt his death." Wilbur said, and I nodded as I pulled my phone out of my pocket.

"And he grew up in this town?" I asked, and Wilbur hummed.

"Yeah, he sure did." He replied, and I opened facebook, searching Toby's name and his hometown.

There was an instant hit.

I clicked on the profile, and an older man's face appeared. I showed it to Wilbur, who paused.

"I'm not too sure. I only knew him as an eighteen year old. Are there any younger pictures?" He asked, and I scrolled down. He had made a post today dedicated to his other half.

"Oh." Wilbur whispered as we saw Tommy's face, and his arms were wrapped around a smaller brunette with a big smile. I started crying.

It's October 31st again, and I miss you so much. Whoever said time heals all wounds was a liar, because I think of you everyday and our last words to each other. Everything I've done in my life, from skydiving to scuba diving, was done in your memory. I finished the bucket list you made this year, I hope you were with me every step of the way. I love you so much Tommy, and I hope you're not annoying Wilbur in heaven too much.

"It's okay, it's okay." Wilbur pulled me against his chest, and I sobbed loudly. I heard a crash somewhere in the house, and I buried my face into Wilbur's chest.

"What's wrong?" Clay barrelled over to us and launched himself over the couch, pulling me off of Wilbur and onto himself.

"Tommy's Toby." I choked out, and I waved my phone in front of Clay's face. He read it, and I watch his brows furrow.

"I never knew, Tommy doesn't talk about him." He said quietly, and I paused.

"Do you think I should talk to Toby?" I asked, and Wilbur sputtered.

"What? Are you insane?" He wondered, and Clay pulled me back into him.

"I think that you should have Tommy write out a letter with everything he wants to say to Toby, and then message Toby to say you found the letter in the house." Clay suggested, and I threw my arms around him.

"You're a genius!" I exclaimed, and I quickly stood up.

"Tommy!" I shouted, and he wandered into the room.

"You're awfully loud today." He commented, and I glanced around to see my notepad and pen on the coffee table. I yanked them and shoved them in Tommy's direction.

"You remember yesterday? How you were upset over Tubbo? I thought that if you write out a letter with everything you wanted to say to him it would help you." I said, and Clay coughed. Tommy hesitantly took the items, and he nodded.