Chapter 7 - In danger

Hot weather makes people in a medium-sized room sweaty even they stay still and doing nothing on their bed. Not when you have air conditioners in each room in your house or even just one for every household. Yet utterly not when you cannot hold yourself be in an 18 Celcius place for more than five minutes. Ridiculous. How can people like this cannot hold themselves from a not-so-cold unit for just literally five minutes? Enough blattering.

Anne begins to stir and breathe heavily on her bed as well as half awake. She feels dizzy and hot as yesterday event was still affected her. Sweat and fatigue could be seen on her countenance too. She blinks at a snail's pace trying to think. Soon, she realizes she is in her room and everything that had happened to her before was like a dream. Was it not? 

'Huh? Why am I here?' She wonders. Suddenly, her eyes widen and consciousness hits her in a blink of an eye. She is now fully awake. She is supposed to be in the abandoned classroom. She gives a thought to why she is in her room and who brings her here? When? Wait! No, how? Her mother enters not long after.

"Are u good, yes? Gladly, Farah found you" Her mother says.

'Ya Allah! I thought I was alone. Oh, Allah... my heart... Ah, it's mom... Wait! She's the one who found me?' She jolts as she perceives that her mother is in the room to boot.

"She found you in your car. Fainted. There's no movement and even your engine died too" Her mother worriedly adds.

"Oh, yes. Anne's feeling good now. Ah, she's the one who found me?" It is rather a statement as she is still confused as her brain could not function properly.

"What happened yesterday? You didn't go to class, didn't you?" Her mother curiously asks but the latter makes her somewhat furious inside but she did not have time to quarrel with her mother in the morning.

'Relax, Anne, relax... you didn't want to ruin your morning, don't yer' She thought while composing her adrenaline that runs messily under her skin.

"Anne reached at Anne's faculty early but then Anne suddenly got a headache. So, Anne went to the nearest bench to rest for a while before going to the class. And... Anne did go to the class, okay..." She lies, not wanting to hear her mother nag and hoping she will ask about anything but class. Plus, she did not think this is the right time to tell her mother the truth.

"Oh... that's all? You should drink more water, Anne. Don't expose yourself to the sun for too long as the weather was hottish these days. And the doctor said you're stressed that's why you fainted. You should rest at least 30 minutes before you do anything, Anne. Listen to my advice if you wanna be healthy" Her mother nags. Anne mentally shakes her skull as well as nods her head unwillingly with a fake smile on her face.

"Yes, that's all. Mmhm... Okay, mum. Anne did drink a lot and will be doing that later too. Oh, stress?" She hums agreeably and her voice becomes inaudible as she talks further which she intentionally whispers the last word with a hidden frown on her face.

"Okay then, I need to start cooking for lunch before it's late. Eat those medicine and drink lots of water" Her mother tells her with an index finger showing the medicine on a table beside her bed before promptly going to the kitchen and in the meantime, she just nods then be in a brown study.

"What really happened yesterday? Allah, this is so confusing. And how come mum asked me about class when I'm totally sick??! Oh, Allah... I'm tired of this..." She mutters and subsequently looks at the window at the corner.

"The dusk portrayed and covered all over the sky. It's peaceful now. The beautiful parts of each day to watch the sunlight going down pret-" She whispers but eventually, gets intervened by a bell.