Chapter 22 - Troubles

Chapter 6(flashback)

'Ya Allah, I hate meeting people I've known at the same place especially him' Farah thought.

'Fahd Fannan'

Farah and her family went to a Mamak restaurant at Suss Park for dinner. Her family took a table in the middle of the restaurant for 5 people. She sat opposite her father, mother beside her father and she in between her sister and brother. Her parents were scrolling on their phones while her siblings were looking at the menu. Meanwhile, she was looking around for anything captivating yet accidentally met her ex's eyes, Fahd. What the? Her ex was with Khairi? 'Isn't that Anne's crush? I never thought they were friends' She thought, averting her eyes in an instant as he began to discern she was at the same place as him. Why he's here? No, why I'm here?

"Woi, isn't that your ex?" Fareeha abruptly whispered.

"Yes, I know. I saw him just now" She replied in a low voice, not wanting her parents or anyone near to hear about it.

"Woah, jodoh" Fareeha proudly whispered, wiggling her eyebrows.

"We obviously broke up long ago" She answered, thinking her sister would stop talking about him if she said this.

"Who knows he still wants you" Fareeha kept talking.

"What codswallop you talking about" She lazily replied while rolling her eyes. Oh my God, just stop.

"Weh, he looks at you. Oh my God," Fareeha briefly looked at him and nudged her numerous times as he looked at her again till it made her annoyed.

"Why are you- you know what, just shut up" She fiercely replied.

"He's your ex? Wow," Fahren interjected.

"Wow?" She was sceptical.

"You got no taste" Fahren made an 'ew, please' face.

"What? How dare you" She leaned on the chair and turned to him.

"She's picky though" Fareeha joined.

"Can you guys just stop? Ugh," She shook her head and ignored them later.

"No, I won't. You should try. It's been years. You can improve your social skill too" Fareeha told with a solemn face.

"Yeah, you're an adult now. Try to get to know new people" Fahren agreed.

'I'm not like you guys and it's not gonna be that EASY' She thought and shortly pretending she did not hear.

"Woi, do you hear me?" Fahren asked.

"She's dreaming when we talked? Ya Allah, this kid" Fareeha heaved and shook her head.

'Serve you all right for all the codswallop. Eh? Wait, why do my hands feel sticky? Better I wash my hands' She stood up and moved to the sink nearby at the corner. "Why are they so nosy. Ya Allah, he doesn't even look at me for Allah sake. Why are they born to be my siblings? So exaggerating" She muttered while washing her hands.

"Hi, Farah" Fahd Fannan appeared out of nowhere and greeted her.

"U-uh? Oh, hi" She stuttered as this was not what she predicted.

"Can I talk to you for a minute? Over there" He asked and subsequently pointing his finger outside the restaurant.

'Should I? But why?' 

"Ah... yeah" She answered, feeling hesitant and nervous. Her siblings were busy with their phones after she walked to the sink as well as her parents too did not stop scrolling. But then, she followed him.