Just Classmates

It's an ordinary day of school.

The clock hits half past seven while it's seconds hand ticked monotonously.

High school students walked leisurely as loners listened to music in their headphones or had at one partner that was either their best friends or just simply a lover.

Walking side by side, laughing and giggling or holding hands as they snuggled together while heading to their respective classes.

"I love you!~"

"I love you more!~"

We see a couple nuzzling their noses together as they giggled and smiled, leaning on the shoe lockers. It looked fine on paper, some PDA but not for one as another student had to witness it all next to him as they were switching out their sneakers with a pair of school shoes.

They give them a small glare with their e/c eyes before closing their locker up and walks off.

This moody student is Y/n, a junior in Ohashi high school as he wore a black uniform from head to toe while having s/c skin hiding under his clothes and a headful of h/c h/l hair.

He was like every other student in the school, normal with a unique trait. He likes calisthenics which also means he likes to train with his body weight. Pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, any workout he could think of that has to do with his weight because he likes to climb things.

From rock walls to buildings, he liked to climb. Like a hobby or a past time that he enjoys in his free time.

Anyways, Y/n was heading to his class, just a few steps away until he enters through one of the two sliding doors.

Inside, students.

Many were sitting together with friends or were distant from their classmates. And among the loners of the class he finds a certain classmate that he adores a lot.

She sat in the front of the class, head in her arms as she was fast asleep. The h/c knew exactly who it was.

"...Taiga..."

The girl he was fawning over while neatly sorting his things out on his desk in the back row was none other than his crush, Taiga Aisaka.

Taiga is a junior like him, despite her small appearance from her height to her thin body. She had some curly light brown hair as he remembers the beautiful yet dark amber eyes she possesses. What was different about her was that she tends to keep to herself most of the time thanks to her reputation as the "Palm Top Tiger".

A really menacing name but she was really cute when she gets mad or annoyed. One of the few things he liked about her as she is like a child.

...Not in a creepy way but she could either get fussy or there were things that made it hard for her to handle on her own like pressing a button on a vending machine.

He wanted to protect her, it's like she is something so precious that Y/n was guard like a big bro to his little sister.

His gaze was still fixated on her, arm under his chin until someone blocks his view. He looked up to find someone familiar to him.

"Hey, Y/n!"

"Hey, Minori..." the boy smiles as he finds his great friend, Minori Kushieda right in front of him.

She is a really energetic redhead with pinkish amaranth eyes who loves baseball and softball, they met only a year ago but has been close ever since.

"Thank you for filling in for the baseball game from Saturday!" A grin forms on her face, this was a feature that showed off the most in her. He couldn't help but feel a bit more giddily before, "I mean... That's what friends do... right?"

"Right!" Minori exclaimed with more enthusiasm.

Y/n liked that a lot from Minori. It's like everyday there was always something small and positive that she always looked at rather than the big harsh picture right in front of her. If Y/n had the same attitude like her everyday.

"Anyways, I hope you'll actually join the team and not just be a fill in..." Minori bows to him and skipped towards her desk. The boy watches her friend take her seat, not before she finds a boy walked in and greeted him instead.

...There's Ryuji...

His e/c eyes finds Ryuji Takasu. Y/n knew him through the rumors that the school spread about him. It wasn't that bad, at least on Y/n's end as his sanpaku eyes were the reasons behind it.

"Don't look towards his way... Before he'll approach you..."

"Isn't that the delinquent you always told me about?"

"If looks could kill, I'd probably be six feet under dirt right now..."

Those were only a hundredth of what Y/n hears about Ryuji, yet he has never witness the short blue haired boy do anything rash at all; either outside or inside of school.

Y/n to watch the two have their conversation, the boy turns his attention back at the sleepy girl who hasn't moved an inch at all since his arrival.

...Ba-Thump...

Just the very sight of her from afar was getting to Y/n. That's how much the h/c likes this specific student as he rested his chin under his hand and continued his gaze to Taiga until the door of the classroom opens up and in comes the teacher of the class.

"Alright, everyone... Sit down and open up your textbooks to page whatever..." he commands everyone in the class as the every student does so. Except for two as one was still asleep and another in La La Land.

Smack!

He slams his ruler on one of the unaware students, shooting up from their seat and glancing around in a panicked stated. "Wake up, Taiga... It's time to learn..."

"O-Okay..." she complies, still in a drowsy as he walks over to another student who had his eyes still fixated on his crush.

Smack!

"Holy-"

Bang!

Y/n snapped from his thoughts and threw his knees from under his desk and clutching them softly. "Ow... Shit..."

"It's time for school, Mr. L/n... I don't see your textbook out..."

"I'm sorry, sensei..." Y/n followed his order and pulls out his own textbook from his bag, English as the teacher starts to read aloud to the class.

Everyone follows along but one wasn't, immediately goes back to staring the second he turned his textbook to the appropriate page and continued to stare at the girl in the front row of the class.