Chapter 2

Sabito POV

Sabito blinked, watching this demon struggle to keep himself from attacking. He hadn’t put his sword back into its sheath quite yet, it remained the same. He wouldn’t take any possible chances. However, this demon seemed to be sincere about the emotions Sabito was witnessing. Those tears were full on flowing down the demon‘s face. — He wondered what would cause a demon to act such a way, normally they wouldn’t stop themselves in the middle of an attack, and this being an uppermoon- it was highly unexpected.

Sabito had most of his attention focused on Tanjiro that he hadn’t even noticed the demon silently approaching behind him. As Tanjiro seemingly launched towards Sabito, he took notice of the young demon’s eyes, realizing that they weren’t focused directly on him. It seemed to be the direction behind him. However, Sabito managed to move out of the way in despite of his assumption. — Within moments of moving from his previous position, the demon that had snuck up behind him was seen launched back in the air traveling several yards back.

’Must’ve taken a powerful blow..’ He thought to himself. Whatever attack was pulled on that random demon, seemed as if it took the amount of effort that would be used to swat a bug. Sabito then put his attention back on Tanjiro. He still wasn’t aware what exactly was going on here, and if Tanjiro attacked that demon to protect himself- or even the slayer for that matter. The demon boy struggled to cease attacking Sabito but landed a blow on another. He questioned himself once more. ‘Why would he hold back from hurting me, but not that demon..?’ He didn’t believe that it was a fight over food due to Tanjiro’s situation and struggling to keep himself from harming the masked boy. As he looked at he young demon, Sabito slowly slid his sword back into its sheath, however he left his hand gently grasping the hilt.

Tanjiro POV

When Tanjiro finally looked up, he looked... relieved. The slayer was okay! He finally manages to pull his hand back and let it be by his side, standing up straight. His teeth no longer bared, not that they were the scary part of him... though they were probably sharper when he lost control.

He stared at the demon who had began to approach again, his gaze filled with hate and disgust, a powerful aura falling from him which.  . . Had the demon scrambling away? 

He looks back to the slayer after that and points in the direction he came from. Now the thingy was Tanjiro didn't have an ounce of blood on his hands or face, so that made it clear he didn't harm anyone. The blood on him was his own. "Muzan... kill family." He says, he can't speak properly it seems and his voice sounds hurt and painful.