Chapter 3

Molly's phone began to ring, yes she has a phone. Only if she truly needed her mother, but she never used it for those reasons. Molly pulled her phone out of her suitcase. She was now at her riding instructors house, spending a few days there since her Mother had dissappered once again.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hi Mols! Are we gonna go riding today or not?"

"We are. But it has to be when Dan isn't looking. I think he's really worried about me."

"Well good! Someone has to look out for you."

Molly laughed at this.

"Yeah, but it's nice...ya know. Not having to worry about my mother's drama."

"Yeah I bet." Olivia said, "so, can you sneak past him? So we can go riding?"

"Shh!" Molly hissed, "don't talk to loud ..he could over hear us." She whispered,
"But yes. Meet me at Pony Club at 7:00pm."

"Okay!!" Olivia squeaked happily. "I'm so excited! See you then!"
And with that they both hung up. Molly had to figure out a way to sneak past Dan.
5:00pm came around, and Molly had just came down the stairs. She was wearing creme Jodhpurs, and a white polo shirt. She had her riding boots on and was hoping to sneak out before Dan would see her.
"Ah brilliant! Your just in time for Dinner." Her riding instructor putting what looked like a mixture of Chicken and Stuffing.
"I'm not use to cooking for two, so I hope you like this."
Dan spoke, his usual firm tone. He glanced up at Molly and saw her in her riding clothes.
"It smells amazing." She admitted.
"Your in your riding gear?"
Her instructor raised an eyebrow.
"Um, yeah. Olivia was gonna go down to groom the horses and she wanted me to meet her down there so I figured I'd dress in my riding gear- ya know?"
Molly hoped what she said, would be believable.
"Ah I see. Well sit down and we can eat, then you can go off, I'll give you a ride down."
Her instructor told her simply.
"Ok.."
Oh great, Olivia had said she'd have the horses ! What would happen if Dan found out about this? She knew exactly what would happen... He wouldn't let her ride.
She took a seat at the small kitchen table and dished some of the Chicken and Stuffing mixture. She ate the delicious dinner and finally, she had finished it.
"When does Olivia want to meet you there?"
"Um, 7:00pm."
They weren't suppose to meet at 7:00pm, they were suppose to meet at 8:00pm!
But maybe this would mean Olivia wouldn't have the horses tacked up, just yet.
"It was delicious, thank you."
Molly said, glancing over Dan.
"No need to thank me, it was my pleasure." He smiled.
He looked at the time.
"Go grab your things, hurry on now."
Molly nodded and walked down the hall. She quickly pulled out her phone and dialed Olivia's number.
*Ring...* *Ring...* *Ring...*
It rang three times before Olivia picked up the phone.

"Hey I'm catching the horses what's up?"

"No!" Molly gasped quietly, since she realized she said that loud.
"Don't have them ready, I told Dan we were just gonna give the horses a groom. Not a ride!"

"Oh boy! Um, ok, we'll ride during dark then and well.."

"So? We'll plan to set out at 8:30/9:00pm okay?"

"Okay, but what about all the wolves out at night?"

Molly rolled her eyes.
"Are we on a plan or not?"

"Yeah, we are." Olivia gave in.

"Good, remember, don't-have-the-horses-ready."

"Got it." Olivia said, and they both hung up.
Molly walked down the stairs. "I'm ready." Molly smiled at her riding instructor.
"Excellent! Let's get a move on!"
For vehicles Dan had a small car, and a horse truck to take his riding students to horse shows.
Molly walked out the door with Dan, and went over to the car. Getting in the front seat. "Hey Dan?"
Molly said as Dan had gotten into the car. "Yes?"
"The Meadowland show...how high are the jumps?"
There was a second of silence.
"As high as the one candy refused." He spoke firmly.
Molly felt a sudden shiver down her spine, this couldn't be happening, could it? The one her horse refused. Was gonna be the height of all the jumps at the upcoming show!
Molly went very quiet, and Dan had noticed.
"Nervous?"

"Uh-huh." Molly admitted.

"How come?"

Molly stared down at her feet.
"It's the height Candy refused!" She somehow seemed to blurt it out.

"Ah yes. That indeed is a fact."

Another few seconds of silence went by.

"But, once your wrist is healed..and your feeling a bit better. We'll get you back in the saddle, and jumping too."
But little did her instructor know, she was already getting back in the saddle. In the dark even! She felt guilty for lying to someone, who was close to her. But she shook it off and continued to go along with the plan.
Dan turned down the Driveway of Meadow Riding Club.
Olivia waved as she saw them come down the driveway.
"I have some work to do at the stables in the office, but once your done come get me and we can head back? Ya?"
"Okay, sounds good."
And as soon as Dan parked the car, she hopped out and ran over to Olivia.
"It felt like forever until you got here!" Olivia giggled, wrapping her in a huge bear hug.
"I know, but I'm here now!" Molly hugged her back. It was like the girls hadn't seen each other for weeks..but really it had only been a few hours.
"Let's goooo!!" Olivia grabbed her hand and dragged Molly into the stables.

So the girls groomed the horses and when Dan, their riding instructor wasn't around; they grabbed their tack and hurried to the stalls.
"Ugh my irons are tangled!!"
Molly huffed, as she struggled.
Olivia on the other hand, was already done tacking up. "Hurry hurry!" She said quickly.
"Dan will be here any minute!"
"I'm trying!" Molly snapped, frustrated with herself.
Finally, they had their horses Candy and Jolly all saddled up.
"Is the coast clear?" Olivia whispered.

"It's clear!!" Molly hissed. "Let's go!"
And so they lead their horses  towards the back of the farm and both climbed into the saddles.
"Ready?" Molly asked.
"Ready!" Olivia replied.
Jolly and Candy flew into a gallop across the flat fields and down to the woods.
Little did they know...they were about to get themselves into a whole lot of danger...