Dangerous Ideas

She ran out of tears to cry. She didn't leave her cell for rec time. She knew he would come again. She didn't want the psychological torture. Would she be his toy forever? Sidney didn't want that. She didn't want to be driven insane through years of hellish nightmares, brought on through a goopy octopus monster. What could she do? How could she make it stop? Where was that Dream skeleton when she needed him?

🥀🥀🥀

"heya kid. missed you at rec time, feeling sick or something?" Sans asked at dinner. "Or something.." Sidney responded tiredly. "i saw dream rushing ya to the infirmary. you met him, didn't you?" He narrowed his sockets. "I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to that." San tensed. "i warned you not to involve yourself with him. you should have left him well enough alone." He stated lowly. "I know that now."
"you're lucky to be alive."
"I think he needs me alive." He frowned deeply, fear sparking in his socket. She stared at the now silent skeleton. Sans was the closest thing she had to a friend in this place. It gave her a dangerous idea. What if she could befriend the king of nightmares?

🥀🥀🥀

"Sidney Wish." She looked over to a prison guard. "Come here, I'm to escort you to your therapist. Sidney did as she was told. Soon she was in cuffs and he was unlocking her cell. She stood back, as was mandatory. "Now... you're mine." The guard approached her like a predator stalking it's prey. She'd been so busy thinking about Nightmare, she'd let her guard down. As he tried to force himself on her, she fought back, kicking out and swinging her cuffed arms. "Girl's got fire." He smirked. "what a crude fear." And like that, it was like it never happened. The guard and cuffs were gone as the cell darkened. "though i suppose things like that could happen." The king materialized out of the shadows. "I-I'm dreaming?"
"no, no. not at all. yes of course you're dreaming, pawn." Sidney didn't have the words. The king, for whatever reason, just saved her from her own worst fear. "Th-thank you, my king.." Nightmare's appendages twitched. He liked the sound of that. He liked it alot. "i do not like those kinds of things. that is all." Sidney found herself falling again, back into the torture of the murder.

🥀🥀🥀

Nightmare POV

My thoughts were on that woman. How long until I break this new toy of mine? What was her soul trait? Why couldn't I figure it out? Why did I want to know? My hands clenched at the approaching positivity. "dream."
"nightmare." He greeted in a calm fashion. "miss me already? you know i won't miss a second time."
"sidney wish, why did you keep her alive?"
"who?" Was that her name? "the girl that was down here! why'd you keep her alive?"
"ah, yes her.. wouldn't you like to know?"
"nightmare!"
"oh dear brother... you will see." I went silent and closed my eye. Sidney Wish, hm? What a positive name. It was cliche. I don't like it at all. After all, wishes never come true. Oh, my pawn sleeps. I'll go pay a visit.

🥀🥀🥀

I felt angry. Even as the King of nightmares, I'd never place such a thought in anyone's head. It was disgusting. Intolerable. It had to be erased. The pawn was grateful. I felt rather pleased when she called me her king. Was she trying to get close to me? No. I will not tolerate this. I was quick to lock her back into her framed nightmare. I never allowed others to get close to me. They would only betray me in the end. Try as you might, Sidney, you will fail. I will make damn sure of it.