CHAPTER 11

🌻

I drove us back home in high spirits. He sulked at first, saying he didn't like me driving for him.

I scoffed. What am I, a kid? He only stopped arguing with me when I told him I'll leave him and go back home on a bus instead. I felt proud. I was smiling all throughout. I had the upper hand at the moment. He still treats me like a young kid. I'll show him I can drive just as good as him.

The whole journey, he kept holding my free hand and leaning on my shoulders from time to time. He became a clingy giant. I wasn't complaining. I liked every single touch he's giving me. However, it was obvious he still looked tired. Who wouldn't when earlier he was so drunk just earlier?

"Are you sleepy? Rest for now. I'll wake you up as soon as we arrive." I told him.

He shook his head and squeezed my hand. "I don't want to. I miss holding you. I want to keep holding your hand like this."

I blushed as I laughed. "Come on. You can hold my hand again when you wake up."

He smiled sheepishly. "Can you sleep in my room tonight?"

I thought for a while. When I saw him pouting, I chuckled and nodded. "Sure, sure. I'll sleep in your room tonight."

"Yes!" He exclaimed and quickly adjusted the passenger seat, moving it back so he can stretch his legs. When he found a comfortable position, he spoke again. "I'm so happy."

I smiled, looking straight on the road ahead.

Me, too, Mew. Mew too.

*****
Mom looked so worried when we got home.

"What happened?" She asked, looking at us anxiously.

Mew answered her. "Sorry, Ma. It was my fault. I was with Owen. We drank and I had too much."

"And you decided to skip classes and fetch him instead?" She was looking at me now.

I looked down. "I'm sorry..."

I knew she wanted to yell at us, to me specifically. But thankfully, she just took a deep breath instead, eyeing at us like a hawk. "Are you both okay now? You were ignoring each other just this morning. It was a sight to behold."

Mew and I looked at each other and just nodded.

"I'm relieved now. So what happened?" She asked Mew. "Is everything okay?"

Mew nodded timidly. "Yes, Ma. Everything's okay..." he gave me a quick glance and smiled a little.

I grimaced at him.

"Is everything going as planned?"

Mew nodded at her again.

Shit! I completely forgot about his plan of opening his own restaurant. We seriously need to talk about it. I learned my lesson. I won't react impulsively.

"Gulf, go up to your room and take a cold shower. Mew, I'll talk to you in my office. Follow me." She said as she turned around and started walking towards her office.

Mew and I looked at each other again disapprovingly.

"Ma," Mew called her.

She stopped and turned around.

"Uh... Can we talk tomorrow instead? I'm still not feeling very well." Mew said and held his nape.

She didn't say anything. She just looked at the both us with a blank stare. I couldn't tell what's on her mind. She sighed and just simply nodded. Then she turned and made her way to her bedroom.