Chapter 3 | The Worst Birthday Wish

----- *+ * *+ -----

Johnson's eleventh birthday was coming up, and so was Adam's. All of Heaven and Hell were talking about the upcoming Armageddon, and who they think would win. Of course, everyone wanted for their own side to win. All except Crowley and Aziraphale, as they obviously didn't want an Armageddon to happen.

Around this time, Phoebe and Reuben were now sixteen, and their little brother was ten and three quarters, another quarter to becoming eleven. Phoebe had fully embraced her love of art, visiting a local art club every Friday and keeping a sketchbook full of drawings everywhere with her. She also adopted a more extroverted personality, being very loud and playing loud music a bit too much. Reuben had started getting into music too, playing the guitar and flute mainly. A lot of people really liked his music, and he always gathered a crowd when he practiced at the St James park. He was still quite fascinated with old stuff, and collected knick knacks he found in thrift stores.

Adam had adopted both Phoebe's imagination and Reuben's fascination, and grew up to be a quite curious and adventurous boy. He wrote stories about pirates and knights and dragons and aliens, and showed them to his siblings and parents, who were all really proud of him. However, his curiosity led him to question himself. Who were his biological parents? Where did he come from? Why did he looked different from his adopted parents while his older sister and brother didn't?

But he was content with his life currently. He had two loving parents and two annoying, but well intentioned older siblings. And today, he and Johnson were looking at the dinosaur statues and chatting about them. And behind them, Crowley and Aziraphale were discussing Armageddon, and waiting for Phoebe and Reuben to arrive.

 And behind them, Crowley and Aziraphale were discussing Armageddon, and waiting for Phoebe and Reuben to arrive

Now, as Reuben and Phoebe grew older, they had started a friendship with two people. Melody Freeman, a fellow artist who attended the art club Phoebe was part of, and Oliver Elmsprout, a kid who met Reuben when he ran into his flowershop one day, giving Oliver a small potplant who he hid from his father and only requested that 'they don't tell his dad that he's keeping the plant alive'. Melody also had a younger cousin, Jasper, who was a conspiracy theorist and was staying with Melody and her dad for a few months. But that might as well only be a few days since the world was going to end in less than a week. There was no sight of Phoebe anywhere, but Reuben thought it'd be worth it to just wait as they walked to the place.

"Are you sure those statues were 'wrestling?'" Melody asked Reuben. Her rainbow extensions bouncing with every step. "I showed a picture of the statue to my art teacher and he immediately said it was too 'risky' for me to draw for the exams". "I mean, what else would it mean?" Reuben replied, sipping some coffee. "My dad said some sculptor gave him the statue and that it was something along the lines of 'good and evil fighting and evil winning' or something with angels and demons". "Winning could also mean something entirely different depending on the context," Oliver spoke up. Reuben sipped his coffee, and looked at them dissapointed. "I really hope you aren't suggesting what you are".