=8=

I would like to clear up something with the plot, Corpse and Sykkuno worked in NASA's astronaut programs and on days off and free time is when they would stream. That's just an explanation as to how Corpse's hoodies exist in this AU. Anyways Have a good read. :]

A few months later...

"Hey, you excited for launch?" Aubrey, the ginger lady Sy had talked with during the first mission briefing was sitting beside him.

"Yeah, It's... it's just all this bringing back memories of my first launch. I told you- my first mission to The Skeld?" A radio sat beside them on the bus spitting out the reportings of a news channel covering the launch.

"Oh yeah, Was that the one when...?" She asked.
"No, I stayed up there for a couple months the first time then a little over two years later I went up again." The bus slowed as it entered the complex housing the rocket.

"Oh so this is your third launch?"
"Yeah, it is."

"Hey, I don't want to bring up any emotions- but, was he with you on your first mission?"

"He wasn't, the Chief Scientist my first time around left before the next mission."

"Huh."

The bus stopped and the doors opened. The crew was lead into a room where they were to put on their suits.

Sykkuno noticed that as they were receiving their suits, what ever innovations NASA had made while he was gone lead to the suits being a lot less puffy. And when he took his he realized that they were also much lighter.

-------------------time skip----------------------

Once the crew had gotten ready Sykkuno prepared himself for his least favorite part, The news reporters. The hall they had to pass through always had reporters for some reason.

As soon as they turned the corner Sykkuno could hear mumbles and reporters beginning to ask questions as lights from cameras flashed in their faces.

"How long will it be until take off?"
"What is it like being on your first mission?"
"What exactly will you be doing while on The Skeld?"
"How long will your crew be in space?"

The rest of the crew seemed to enjoy answering each question they were asked as Sykkuno stood and waited to be moved somewhere else.

"What is it like returning to the program after losing someone on your last mission Thomas?"

That question seemed to shift everyone's attention to Sy as he tried to remain calm.

"How many missions have you been on before?"
"Have you ever lost someone else other than Adam?"
"What convinced you to come back?"

Question after question flew at Sykkuno as he tried to give any answer he could, but he couldn't. He stood there blinking as the cameras lights flashed at him, he stuttered as he tried to talk but the amount of questions he was being asked didn't leave him with time to answer one of them before there was another.

After what seemed like forever someone tugged on Sykkuno's shoulder and gestured the crew to follow.

The sounds of the crowd got quieter as they walked closer to the elevator that would take them to the top of the shuttle.

The crew was briefed one last time before boarding the shuttle, there was no turning back now. Sykkuno felt a strange sense of nostalgia and sadness as they entered the cockpit.

Most of the others had trouble navigating the room as it was on it's side but Sy had no problem finding his seat. It was in the same spot he had sat at while flying with Corpse, it was... strange not seeing Corpse next to him as they all sat down.