🗒 ❛ thirteenth ༉‧₊˚✧

"You really know how to tug my heartstrings, Lee," as she tried to stop her tears, Yun choked up while trying to speak

"You really know how to tug my heartstrings, Lee," as she tried to stop her tears, Yun choked up while trying to speak. Someone who wasn't bothered by others was now at her worst, whimpering and inconsolable. "I'd rather not know why because with or without knowing, I don't think I'll be able to accept your apology."

"Yun, please. Nothing was a lie—"

"Don't meddle into my life anymore. None of this was supposed to happen anyway."

"Do you regret everything?"

Yun couldn't give an answer. She wasn't in the right mind to give a proper answer. No matter how somber and disillusioned she felt, she always thought before she spoke or acted.

She headed towards her packed bag and removed the clothes that Haechan had bought her, the hoodie that he insisted on giving, and everything related to him. As she was unpacking those items, she found her ring at the bottom of the bag.

Wearing her backpack while the ring was in her hand, she approached Haechan and placed her ring in his hand along with the key to his bedroom that he had given her back then. Haechan's eyes were fixated on her but not a single word could come out of his mouth. He didn't want the situation to escalate especially she didn't want to hear an explanation from him. It was too late for him to say that he didn't want her to hate him.

"I'm the one who suggests the couple rings, but I don't think I can hold onto this anymore," Yun's swollen red eyes took one last look at the person she considered her sanctuary and the sun that provided sunshine in her life.

Parting ways with him was difficult for her, but it was the best decision she could do. Dragging her feet towards the living room, she was now standing in front of the entrance. She could feel Haechan nearby, probably in the hallway. As she grabbed onto the doorknob, she could feel each string in her heart snap as she heard that single phrase that Haechan shouted.

"I love you sincerely, Yun, please believe me!"

A single tear dropped down Yun's face.

"I loved you, Haechan. That's why it hurts even more."

She stepped out of the house and turned around to close it. Before closing it, she saw Haechan's figure standing in the hallway of his house. She promised herself that she would leave all the memories at this house and never think about it again.

"Why do you keep staring at me? Do you want to make out with me?"

"I need your permission first, dummy."

"You can come by my room to sleep anytime. I trust you a lot to leave my only key in your hands. Don't lose it."

"I'm willing to take any risk, but are you?"

"What if I want to do more than just kiss you?"

All the phrases that Haechan had told her echoed in her head. Remembering even yesterday's event of drawing the interior of a house that they would call home, even though the possibility of them being soulmates was slim to none. She slammed the door shut when she felt herself wanting to go back inside to hug him and accept his apology.