Chapter Eighteen.

"Why are you sitting there awkwardly?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook was restlessly tapping away his fingertip on the coffee mug he was holding.

"I am just thinking." Jungkook said as he took a sip of his coffee.

"About what?" Taehyung asked as he munched on a choco-chip cookie.

"About you and Lisa." Jungkook said, blankly.

"Oh c'mon, fluff face hyung. Let that go. It has already been two days since I told you about our breakup." Fake break up, Taehyung wanted to say but he didn't utter it out.

"Relationships are so futile these days." Jungkook said as Taehyung sighed.

"I already told you that she still loves her ex and I felt I was holding her back. It was mutual so I don't feel it was immature." Taehyung reasoned.

"True but no one takes relationships seriously these days. For example, you were so sarcastic with me and showed how serious you were with each other when you introduced me to her yet now you're saying it's already over, it's like a child-play for your generation." Jungkook said in a daze, not even realising his own words.

"What do you mean by that?" Taehyung asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Why even get into a relationship if you're unsure? You should've asked Lisa if she had even moved on before jumping into the relationship." Jungkook said, still in his daze as Taehyung snapped his head up immediately.

"You mean it's my fault? How can you say that?" Taehyung immediately felt defensive even though he wasn't dating Lisa for real.

"I am not saying that but now that you've broken up, she is already with the one she loves yet you here are stu---I just feel you should think a little before jumping into any relationship." Jungkook said as Taehyung stood up aggressively.

"Why did you stop? You wanted to say stuck with you, didn't you? So is this how it is? Are you here stuck with me? Am I stopping you from living your life? Am I a hindrance?" Taehyung asked as his veins on his neck popped up due to sudden anger.

He suddenly felt so betrayed. They both had spent so much time together. So many movie nights, so many ice-cream over popcorn conversations, so much gossip time with each other. Taehyung thou---no! Jungkook said they were friends---no scratch that, he said they were best friends. Then what is he spitting now? Was it only mere words and was it only just for saying he didn't mean anything? His heart knew whatever Jungkook wanted to say was because he felt the break up was real and he cared for Taehyung and he felt Taehyung would be sad now yet Taehyung couldn't help but feel betrayed.

Taehyung's anger was obvious but more than that his anger was somewhat stupid because Jungkook here was just speaking his mind but we all know when you're in love with someone, even small little things that person says pierces your heart if it has to hurt.

"If I am not then how can you say that I am stuck with you? Isn't this just you being utterly selfless? Why so selfless? Be selfish! You need to damn it, you need to take responsibility when you call me your best friend, when you say I am your friend, mean it. Stop spitting nonsense like now. My relationship with Lisa had nothing to do with you. Forget about that because I never was even with he----" Taehyung stopped immediately when he realised what he spit out.

"What? What were you just going to say?" Jungkook asked as his eyes held fury. He was angry and he has every damn right to be.

He had been restless, he had been feeling anxious and strange right from the time Taehyung introduced him to Lisa, his own cousin but now when he understood that the whole thing was simply a lie, a drama, he felt furious because he felt hurt when he thought of Taehyung and Lisa together. But now he means to say that he was hurting while the other was simply playing with his feelings?