Chapter 14: I Love You

Another month went by, it was November and the city looked so beautiful. Autumn is my favorite season. Archer, hired Matteo, and turns out that the spy, was none other than, the security guy. It's always the ones that appear to be innocent.

"Archer, we're going to be late for work." I said as I got out of the shower and found him sleeping.

"I'm the boss." He mumbled in his sleep. I giggled.

I grabbed his face and he was burning up. "Archer, you're burning up."

I grabbed the thermometer and checked his temperature. Yep, high fever.

"Alright, boss, you're staying here. I'll go call the doctor to check you."

20 minutes later, the doctor came and took out some blood to take to the lab and see what's wrong with Archer. I went to the bathroom and grabbed a mini towel, a bowl with cold water and took it to the room. I sat next to him and placed the wet towel on his forehead. Minutes later, Natalie came with the medicine to help control his fever.

"Archer, I need you to wake up so you can take the medicine."

He opened his eyes and they were red. "My head and eyes hurt. What's wrong with me?"

"You'll be fine. Now take this medicine." I said as I gave him the medicine with a glass of water.

"Stay with me, please don't leave me." He grabbed my hand as he started to drift off to sleep.

I put on some comfy clothes and then got in bed with him. I wrapped my arms around him. "I love you, Archer." I whispered.

Three hours later, the doctor sent me an email, I checked, Archer's result and he has Dengue. He sent me instructions about the food he can only eat while being sick. I told Natalie about the food he can eat.

I checked his temperature again and it was better. But the doctor did say, that it would go up and then down again. Stupid Dengue. I've had this two years ago and it sucked. Archer returned from, Brazil 2 days ago, I supposed that's where he got bitten.

"Alright, Archer. I'm going to strip you cause I need to pass the towel on your entire body to help with the fever."

I took off his shirt and sweat pants. Hello morning wood. And finally I took off his socks. Last night he said he was freezing. Normally Archer just sleeps in boxers. I grabbed the towel and passed it on his body.

"I'm cold!" I looked at him and he was furious.

"I know you're cold, but I need to do this to help your body stay cool and not hot. I don't want you with high fever."

"Who told you this?"

"Well, for starters, I had Dengue two years ago, mama, put ice on my body, I'm going easy on you. My body was cool and my fever wasn't high. Besides, the doctor also sent the me an email with the same instructions as my mama did with me." I replied as I passed the towel on his face.

"Please don't put ice on my body, I'm seriously freezing, I want to cry." He shivered.

I lowered my face and placed a soft kiss on his lip. "I won't. Now let me change you and then you can go back to sleep."

I changed him and he asked me to please put his socks back on. It's true what they say, men cannot handle being sick. Oh Archer, you're something else.

"Thanks, babygirl." With that said, he fell asleep again.

I kissed his cheek and went downstairs to eat I was starving. I found Natalie having breakfast alone, I joined her.

"How is he?"

"He is being a big baby," I giggled. "But he is sleeping right now. I'll wake him up in an hour so he can eat."

She just smiled. "I'm happy he has you in his life. His ex wife never took care of him like this. She would always sent me to take care of him while she just go out with her friends. Archer is like a son to me, so taking care of him was not a problem."

"I love Archer, all I want is for him to be healthy and happy." I smiled.

"He loves you too, he is just afraid to admit it. But I know that boy very well." She said in between bites.

"I hope so, because all I want is his love. Nothing else matters to me." I sighed.

After breakfast, I grabbed his food and took it upstairs. I woke him up and he sat down on the bed. I placed the tray of food in front of him.

"I'm not hungry."

"I don't care if you're not hungry. You're going to eat, because you need to get better, and some medicines require to have food in the system, so either you eat the easy way, Or I will shove it down your throat really hard." I said in a very sweet tone.

"You're one scary woman, Bella." He said before drinking his orange juice. "But you do look sexy, can't wait to get better so I can go to pound town with you again."

I shook my head, "only you would say that. Now eat everything."

"Aye, aye, captain."

He finished everything and took his medicine. He was out again. He looked so peaceful sleeping. I love this man so much, one he gets better, I'll tell him how I feel. If he doesn't love me back, then I guess I'll just have to move on.