CHAPTER THREE

The halls were haunted, but not with her presence. Voices still echoed off the walls in surprise and amazement.

Who could it be?

Serraphina had left the bathroom and went to class but two minutes later the students buzzed again.

The teacher could not drown out their noise, he too utterly surprised that the students kept going even when Serraphina was in class. He knew it wasn't for her.

Then who?

Time stopped as someone walked through the door.

The stranger stopped by the door and scanned the room till his eyes met Serraphina's.

His green eyes pierced through her soul and he walked up to her. Everything went silent and no movements were heard.

As he passed by, a familiar wind blew past speaking no words this time and he sat himself down behind her.

***
Serraphina's POV

Who are they cheering on?

The noise from the hall was undeniable so I couldn't ignore it.

A guy, obviously the cause of the noise, came in and she needed no one to describe the wind she felt blow past.

He came into full view with perfect features and blood red eyes and sat right behind me and I could feel those eyes burning through the back of my head.

**                          **                 **                

"Oh my God, and those green eyes are to die for."

He doesn't have green eyes, they're red.

He was the hot topic in school and everyone saw his green eyes... But how did Serraphina see red.

Serra had listened quietly with no comments but his alleged green eyes didn't add up. Sure, red eyes are not normal but she saw them.

When everyone was seeing green, she was seeing red.

"Serra!"

She stopped and turned to Pacifica.

'Serra!'

Someone else called her... Who?

She looked back suddenly and she saw, he.

He stared at her with those piercing red eyes.

I knew they were red!

The gaze stuck and she couldn't move, not that she wanted to, but, she wished she could.

"Serra, Serra. Serraphina? Are you there? Earth to Serraphina."

"SERRAPHINA!"

She bolted up.

"What are you looking at?" Pacifica glanced around the hall to be sure she wasn't missing something.

Serraphina pointed at... nothing.

Yep, she was definitely missing something.

"What or who are you pointing at?" Pacifica the was more confused than at the start.

"Him,"Serraphina kept on pointing as if there was actually someone there.

"Um, Serra, there's no one there,"She said with a weary look.

Pacifica was worried for her friend, she was always the weird one so this was new for Serra.

As if with an instant spark, Serraphina snapped out of it and smiled," Him. The janitor. How does he do this every day? "