Chapt 5

~Jackson ~

The sound of the lecturer shutting off the projector was music to my ears, as I packed up my calculus textbook shoving it into the deepest part of my bag. Honestly, who ever sat down and decided that my math grade was dependent on me memorizing and knowing how to use these obscure formulas, that I'd most likely never use in my life outside of calculus class, really had nothing better to do.

Thankfully, both Leo and Mitch where in this class as well, so I wasn't totally bored stiff. For most of the class Leo and Mitch had been passing the time by playing a game of charades. I watched as Leo, every time the professor turned her back to us, would start making faces and funny gestures, while Mitch tried his hardest to guess whatever it was he was depicting, while I was trying my best not to lose it.

Way too many times I almost ended up on the floor curled up with laughter when the professor turned around suddenly and they'd both suddenly sit up straight and pretend nothing was wrong. Sometimes they would even raise their hands to ask questions as if they were really paying attention. I'm sure she knew something was happening, but she just didn't know what. If this was how our classes were going to go on for the rest of the semester, then I was certain that might not be that bad of a semester after all.

Mitch and Leo had instantly hit it off. It's funny, since they didn't know that the other existed before our chemistry class, but now they were chatting like long lost friends. It was good to see them hit it off so smoothly.

After packing away our stuff, we'd headed out of the Math department building and onto the front lawn, looking for an empty picnic table to hang at for a while. Normally I'd have waited with Leo till his mom picked him up, then I'd catch the bus or walk home depending on my mood.

Today I'd decided I wanted to catch the bus, so I'd get home as quickly as possible. I'd head to the woods and see if the wolf had gotten out, and if not, I'd lend a hand. By now it'd most likely have exhausted itself, and it should be safe for me to release it or at least safer than it was this morning. I'd planned to walk with some meat or something to feed it with since I was sure it wouldn't have had anything to eat at all today unless something else had fallen into the pit.

"JACKSON!!" I spun around to look at Leo and Mitch as they both had goofy grins all over their faces.

"Dude you've been spacing out since we left Calculus, what is up with that? I know you're not a fan of Star Wars but that doesn't mean you can just ignore us and our conversation."

Leo pouted at me, annoyed that I wasn't being as engaging as possible. Honestly, the guy expects me to be a social butterfly when I'm barely worthy of being called a socially awkward caterpillar.

"Sorry Leo but you know I just don't get Star Wars. Like seriously how are the good guys able to basically kidnap kids under the guise of training them to be saviours of the universe? That's clearly something the evil side would do... besides, I was thinking about this wolf I ran into in the woods this morning"

"A what!!" Once again, they were shouting in sync. Seriously they were getting along way to well for people who only met today.

"A wolf. I caught him in a pit trap this morning... here let me just show you."

I unlocked my phone and opened my gallery, being extra careful while opening my folders. Pulling up the pics and recordings, I handed them over to the guys. Mitch was looking at the pics in awe. I felt pretty proud of myself knowing that I'd managed to empress him, though I wasn't sure why.

Leo on the other hand was looking utterly shell shocked. His eyes where as big as saucers with his chin pretty much on the floor. Exactly the expression I wanted to see.