Night Eyes chapter 1

Characters:
Erin
Erins dad mike
Erins mom joanna
Erins 9 year old little sister sofie
Erins 6 year old little brother Christopher
Erins 4 year old little brother Ian
Erins dog bella

Erin's pov:

The crisp morning light hits my face, I groan getting up I rub my eyes as im not fully awake. I stumbled to the bathroom washing my face then drying it, I look in the mirror as i see the peculiar lack of sleep i have gained. I walk down stairs to the kitchen where chaos hits me.

In the kitchen:

"Mom im hungrey!" Cried Erin's little sister Sofie, "I know darling but breakfast isn't finished, you must be patient" exclaimed Erin's mom. Erin scoots a stool out & slouches down "morning hunny!" Jolts erins mom, "morning mom" mumbles erin, "Oh don't be such a debby downer!" She says. Erins dad sits next to him reading the newspaper & drinking coffee, "Light up son" he slaps his hand on Erin's back"we have a good hunt coming up!" He explained "Yeah, I know pa" claim erin.

Family northern cabin(time skip):

The family hop out the car. sofie runs to the door shaking the handle "Open! Stupid door!" Orders Sofie. Bella the families black labrador leaps out the van, her paw place on the ground swiftly as she runs around happy to get out of the cramp packed vehicle. "Erin, hun could you help unpack please!" Yells erins mother "Sure" erin leaves with a dry reply.

After unpacking:

"Hey pa! I'm going to take a hike in the woods, to find a fresh spot for the hunt!" Shouts Erin racing down the stairs to the coat rack shuffling around, "All right son!" Yells his dad. Erin grabs his shotgun & rushes outside, he notices he can see his breath in the sharp winter wind.

The woods:

Erins boots sink in the thick snow slowly step by step, as he looks for a good spot for the hunt, his eyes shift swiftly through the woods carefully observing the dead tree's & little patches of melted snow where the ground is muddy & dead.