Chapter 5: Troubles at Outpost Delta

Realising that he forgot to lock his room's door, the captured knight stares at Amelia and Kretschmer with their newly recruited native guide, Gen.

Amelia looks at Kretschmer, knowing he had made a big mistake.

"What is a knight the Order of Herleva doing here?" Gen says as she is shocked by Emeryn's presence.

"Order of the what now?" Amelia asks.

"The Order of Herleva," Gen explains. "The Order is the king's personal knights. They never leave the capital unless they are near the king."

Still, in her armour, the knight is in a state of confusion while trying to recover her memory, so she question's the three in front of her. "Where am I?"

"Oh ugh, your em..." Kretschmer struggles to find an excuse.

"You are at our house, we found you lying in the forest." Amelia cuts Kretschmer off.

Gen looks at the two, finding it hard to believe what they said but chooses not to interrupt.

"I see, thank you for taking care of me. Pardon me, may I ask for the names of my rescuers?"

"The name is Amelia, Amelia Cowan. The man next to me here is Otto Kretschmer. And our friend here is Gen. How about yours."

"I am Emeryn Sacobrel. Forgive me if I am rude, I do not recognise both of your names from any region I know of."

"It's fine. Were not from here."

She gives a glance around the inside of the outpost and finds it very strange. She sees Amelia and Kretschmer in their military uniform wondering if they were hunters.

At that moment, Emeryn remembers everything before she woke up. After a demon had saved them and fainted, two other demons came out of the forest, assuming they were there to rescue their ally. She found it odd since she thought demons don't rescue their comrades. She later found herself duelling with one of them while the other was fighting the other knights. She was able to put up a decent fight but was overpowered by its raw speed and strength. As a result, she got knocked out unconscious.

"D...DEMONS!" Emeryn shouts, thinking it was a trap to lure her in.

"Demons?" Both Amelia and Kretschmer looked at each other confused.

"You won't full me!" Emeryn panics. "I know you took me away so you could torture me."

"Ah shit, look," Amelia admits to Emeryn. 'We did kidnap you but we didn't intend to do any harm to you. We just didn't know at the time how to approach you so Kretschmer decided we 'take' you. Relax, your knight buddies are fine. We left them where we took you."

This didn't help the situation. Kretschmer was going to yell at her but couldn't. To his left, he notices Gen looking at him with a sickened look. Remind him of the reason why he is now called "The enemy of all women."

"Lies! Your illusion spell won't work on me." Emeryn ignores Amelia and pulls out a hidden knife from her leg holster. "I saw your kind kill my childhood friend right in front of me and you plan to do the same."

"Were not lying, this is just a misunderstanding. Just try and calm so we can explain everything to you." Kretschmer attempts to persuade her to deescalate the decision.

"Emeryn, I know it's hard to believe them but listen to what they have to say first." Gen tries to help too.

It was no use, Emeryn ignored what they said. She holds her knife out with both her hands pointing at the rest of them. She was too traumatized due to her recent battle with demons. If a situation like this happened on Earth or anywhere within IFU planets, the one's being held at knifepoint would have had right the right to bear arm's to defend themselves.