❀[009]❀

With a venomous tone, someone simply hissed out the words, "You."

"Me."

And with that you could only stare in a large amount of disappointment, it was HER, you developed an eyesore from the sight of her. The slightly aged face, the strong stench of cigarettes, you knew who she was. Without even knowing her name, your neighbor, Tiffany. Growing to old for her own name, to bitter for her own appeal, you didn't know what the world had done to her.

"You are well aware of what you've done," She shook her dimly lit cigarette, tapping away the ashes, "You released that piece of shit bird that belonged to my grandma."

You did. You know you did. You only choked back all senses of guilt and tried to seem innocent. Which was pretty hard to do considering the current situation. She just had this look that could intimidate people, like a mean mugged mom that got dropped on the face when they were little.

"I have a right not to answer that question. What proof do you have to claim it was me? I haven't even gone over there." She brought the horrid thing back to her lips, only staring you down with a harsh glare that trailed back to the blonde behind you.
With a small smile of her face, she let out a dry laugh at the words.

"Well, I hope you know I was aware you were in that rose bush. I partly prayed that shit would set on fire with you in it, maybe then I wouldn't here your dreadful screams for help at night." She murmured while you paled at her words.

"You HEARD my situation and did nothing intentionally!? No calling police? No nothing?" She only shrugged in response while your heart dropped with a sense of dread. She truly didn't care.

"Jerry can call."

"Jerry is deaf."

"Oh... explains why he's a shit neighbor anyways. He never listened to me, ha. Kinda like you." You bit your lip, not knowing what else to say to the women. You could try to apologize? Sorry for letting the wild bird that you trapped in a cage free, I won't do it again. Maybe, you could close the door, pretend she never came over.

She brought her gaze back to your face, looking deep into them. You could fully see more details of her face, the dark lightly matted dirty black hair, the makeup that was caked on in a rush, the strong mascara she had on that made her gaze so bold. She finally lifted her foot, putting her cigarette out on it as she flicked away the bud onto your porch.

"Well... What exactly do you want me to do about it?" She adjusted the collars on her jacket before rolling up her sleeves patiently, humming to herself softly as you waited for her response. "I highly doubt you'll be able to catch that bird," She looked up you once more, "So, you can make up for it."

You stared at her in confusion. How could you make up for it? Go out and catch that pretty little bird once more just for it to go back to a cage. You noticed more about her every second, she was bigger then you. In strength, height, everything. It was hard to say she wasn't intimidating. She let out soft little laughs as she began to pull her hair back, twisting it into a low bun, unable to actually tie it into a ponytail.

It finally clicked in your mind. She was trying to fight you. Hell no. You were down for a lot of things, but talking about a fight and actually being in one were completely different. Trying to shut the door as quickly as possible, her hands already made their way to your head, grabbing a fistful of your hair. A loud yelp escaped your lips as you clawed at her arm with one hand while grabbing her hair back with the other, tugging at the black locks of hair.

She hissed at you, as you pulled your hand away from her hair pushing her face away, scratching at her until deep red marks were embedded into her skin. You just wanted to get her away from you, there wasn't any need to fight. Finally, annoying at the strain on your scalp, you have into the fight or fight response, pulling your hand back you punched her nose watching as blood trickled out in response.

Aether sighed at the sight, watching you both cling onto each other while fighting awkwardly. He was well aware both of you had no idea how to fight. This was the way middle schoolers fought over petty comments, not how you actually fought. Wanting to pull you to apart he, tried to wedge both of you apart only to retract backwards from a deep  quick received bite from Tiffany.

She made a throaty noise, causing saliva to pool within her mouth and spat on your face. You retracted in disgust. Fucking disgusting. You pinched her bloodied nose twisting the broken bone and muscle causing her to release the tight grasp on your hair.

She tried wrapping her hands around your throat, enjoying every moment of the struggle that began. The pink hue your cheeks began to turn as she squeezed harder. You pushed against her wanting her to let go, hitting her face, clawing at her skin so much, strips of it came off like potato skin to a peeler because of your nails.

Aether stood aside doing nothing, watching your every reaction. Every struggle, everything scratch, he only stood by and watched the confusion, betrayal and anger within you face.
He knew the people in this world couldn't really hurt you even if they wanted. If you were truly going to lose, he would've killed her himself. He only let her fight you so you could experience true fear being forced into a fight or flight situation where the possibilities of you losing were low. The fear is what he wanted you to have. Maybe then you'd call his name to protect you.

"It'd be easier if you just gave up and died." She growled, as you glared at her in return. The fucking audacity. You curled your hand into a fist and went for her face. Not caring about the sickening crunching nose that came off from her nose, not caring about her blood that splattered onto the floor, staining the carpet much like your own. She let go of your throat out of shock, letting out ugly heaves, unable to properly breath.

Within the heat of the moment, you shoved her so hard she finally came off of yourself, she began to stumble backwards out the door still in a state of shock, tripping upon herself, she fell upon your front porch stairs. Heavy breathing and out of breath, you stared at the women before you, her skin sticky with sweat much like your own, her face almost melting, the mascara had began to sweat off and the red lipstick she had was smudged across her lips onto her left cheek.

You stared at her in disbelief. She actually tried fighting you and she did. She lay there motionless while you began to regain your breath. She, however, wasn't moving period. No breathing, no panting, no movement. Was she.. no. She couldn't be. You leaned down to be closer to her, trying to listen to any noise, but nothing.

Pressing your fingers against her neck, you felt your heart sink. All because of a stupid bird. That bird was the reason she wanted to fight you, the reason you had Aether stuck with you. You felt sick from the sights.

"I.. I killed her.."