Chapter one

Niall lifted himself up from the ground, sun rising in the background. An intense pain shot up his spine, making him groan in pain. He stretched, trying to make the cramp go away. He was definitely not sleeping at this spot anymore. After the cramp finally was gone, he hid his stuff under a bush so nobody would steal his guitar and his valuables.

Shoving his hands in his pocket, he started the short walk to the store. Niall greeted the cashier, and started searching for something to eat. He chose a baguette with salad, cheese and ham and an ice tea. And last he chose a cupcake, just because he could. Niall paid the cashier, and exited the store.

He sat down on one of the many benches in the park close to the store, and took out his baguette. It was the first time in many days he could eat proper food. Usually he ate leftovers people had thrown (yes, he often got very sick), but now he had proper food right in front of him. And he didn’t waste time eating it, he was done in less than a minute, and maybe he shouldn’t have eaten it that fast.

*

Niall wasn’t used to people being nice to him anymore. Usually people who walked by gave him disgusted looks, and someone even bothered to punch him, throw something hard on him, and if he was really unlucky, some teenager boys would decide to beat him up. Just because he didn’t have a home anymore. People nowadays are fucked up, he always told himself.

Only on rare occasions would a nice, elderly lady give him some cash, a blanket or something to eat. But that was very rare, it usually never happened.  Usually everybody just gave him weird looks, and some paedophiles would smirk at him, which was scary and gross.

*

Niall was about to pack up his guitar since nobody had come to listen today, when a black vehicle parked in front of him. Niall stood up and looked puzzled, yet slightly nervous, at the vehicle.

A young man stepped out and slammed the door. He smiled, and walked towards him.  Niall’s heart sped up and he looked nervously at the man.

“Hi, I’m Louis,” the young man said. Niall looked at the hand that was reached out, and took it and shook it carefully.

“H-hi, my name’s Niall,” Niall said nervously, gulped. Louis smiled kindly, showing off a row with perfectly white teeth.

“You don’t need to be scared, I just want to say hello,” He said, still smiling. What was it with this guy and smiling? Niall thought. He nodded slowly, reaching down to pick up his guitar.

“I’ve noticed that you often stand here and sing..” Louis said, rocking back and forth on his heels. Niall looked up.

“Yeah, I need some money now and then…” He mumbled, trying to hide the blush that crept over his cheeks.

“Yes I know. My grandma told me that you’re homeless.” Louis picked up Niall’s guitar case and gave it to him. Niall muttered a quiet ‘thanks’ not looking up to meet Louis’ eyes.

He didn’t know why he acted like this, it was something about Louis that made his heart race.

“And I…” Louis trailed off, now his time to look at the ground. “And I was going to ask if you wanted to come with me to Doncaster? Go to school, and live like, in a house, and you don’t need to sleep on the street anymore…” Niall’s head shot up, looking at Louis with a surprised expression.

“I-I know you don’t know who I am, but I though that we could become friends and you didn’t have to live on the street anymore. O-only if you want, though…” Louis kicked a stone that flew over the road.

“Yeah yeah, I’ve seen you before, with your grandma. Weren’t you here yesterday? When I sang Stereo Hearts?” Niall had gathered a little courage by now, since Louis was now blushing beetroot red.

“Yeah, with that little girl, you are amazing, your voice is incredible.” Louis looked up, and flashed a smile.

“Thank you,” Niall mumbled, blushing. He looked at Louis, trying to figure out what he was thinking. Wait…Maybe this was a prank? He looked around after someone that may could be his friends, but no one was to be seen.

“Don’t worry, I’m here alone. This isn’t a prank, I promise. I just want to give you a home, I really do.” This was the first time in weeks that Niall smiled. Louis smiled back, and they stood there smiling like idiots.

“So, do you want to come with me to Doncaster?” Niall grinned, not wanting to use words, which would probably sound stupid as he didn’t quite know how to respond.

“Great!” Louis beamed, immediately stepping closer. “Let’s go get your stuff yeah?” Niall nodded, he liked how Louis treated him like a friend already. Niall had always been the weird kid, the different one. Most people didn’t like him.

Niall showed him to his hiding place, pulling out his bag with clothes. He threw it over his shoulder, guitar in his hand, ready to leave this place.

“That’s all you’ve got?” Louis asked, Niall nodding quickly in response. Louis nodded shortly, and together they walked to his car. 

Yay, chapter one! What do you think? I dedicated this to AndreBsGirl because she's an amazing author! :D

Feedback? c:

Thank you very much for reading, love you all :) xx