Chapter two

It had been 5 days since Louis had taken Niall home. They had gotten really good friends now, and they really enjoyed each other’s company. Louis could sometimes say he enjoyed it too much, ‘cause he simply adored Niall. How could you not? Those baby blue eyes, dirty blonde hair that sticks out everywhere pretty much all the time, and his adorable laugh. Louis was a funny guy though, which was lucky for him as he made Niall laugh often.

Niall really liked Louis, he really did. He felt this tingling feeling inside him whenever Louis smiled at him. They have had an almost kiss the other day…

*Flashback*

Louis had woken up early a Saturday, which was weird because he usually slept to late afternoon. Niall was still asleep when Louis tiptoed downstairs. Niall slept in Louis room often, which was fine with Louis. He had learned a lot about Niall the last days; He was the most carefree lad he had ever met, he didn’t worry about anything, and he laughed at pretty much everything. He absolutely LOVED food, but could he cook? Definitely not.

Well, if you wanted burnt food, you could always ask Niall. Louis himself was a quite all right chef; well he didn’t burn the kitchen though. At the moment, he was standing with is nose stuck deep inside the refrigerator. He was looking for some ingredients to make himself and Niall a delicious breakfast.

Finally he decided to make pancakes, just because Niall loved pancakes. Well, also because it was the only thing he could make properly. Mostly his mum made breakfast, but she was on vacation with his four sisters so they had the house for themselves.

Louis heard footsteps in the stairs and right after Niall’s head popped up in the doorframe.

“Morning Ni,” Louis smiled as Niall sat down on a chair.

“Morning Lou. Did you sleep well?” Niall stretched out, and yawned.

“Yes, woke up early today so I made pancakes!” Niall smiled big, like a little kid when he gets candy.

“PANCAKES!” He exclaimed, beaming. Louis chuckled, placing a plate with two big pancakes in front of Niall. They were full of syrup, and basically had Niall drooling. Louis chuckled again, shaking his head at his friend.

“It’s really good!” Niall said, mouth full of pancakes. He blushed, and wiped away some syrup. Louis simply smiled, and returned to his pancakes.

*

Louis really liked Niall. He had since he first saw him at the street in Mullingar. He was so cute there he stood, with his guitar, and no matter what he always managed to smile when people walked past him. Louis fell in love with that smile, those eyes, that face. He fell in love with Niall.

When Louis looked up again, Niall here had syrup running down his cheek and syrup on his lips.

Louis didn’t know what he was doing when he reached out and wiped it away. His thumb was now one inch away from Niall’s lips, and he could feel himself and Niall leaning closer.

He didn’t realize something until the very moment their lips were an inch apart. Louis could feel Niall’s hot breathe on his lips, and Niall’s lips shivered. He had to use all his strength to pull away, mutter a quiet sorry, and excuse himself to the bathroom.

He rushed to the bathroom, leaving a confused and hurt Niall by the breakfast table.

*End of flashback*

So after that, it had been an awkward tension between them. They found it hard starting a conversation, Louis often zoning out and leaving Niall hurt again.

 Niall was easily hurt, and Louis not talking to him hurt like hell. He couldn’t stop thinking about the ‘almost kiss’ by the breakfast table the other day. Louis was so close and he could basically feel Louis being dragged towards him. When Louis excused himself to the bathroom, Niall felt his heart shatter to pieces. Maybe he was over reacting, maybe that’s just you.

*

It was a Monday, when they finally spoke to each other. Louis jumped downstairs, running into Niall.

“Oh hey Lou! I made breakfast! Come with me!” Niall dragged him to the kitchen, and on the table stood…pancakes…with syrup. And it wasn’t burnt at all!

“I was about to go and wake you, but yeah… And I didn’t burn them! Yay!” Niall laughed, and patted Louis’s shoulder. Louis sat down and licked his lips.

“Why? You didn’t have to!” Niall shrugged, taking a bite of his pancake.

“Well, you made me breakfast, so why not return the favour?” Louis smiled thankfully, while chewing on a pancake.

“And since it has been a bit awkward between us, I thought I had to do something.” Because Niall had been thinking on this for a while. He had to do something; they couldn’t stay like that forever. Louis nodded, sipping on his tea.

They ate in silence for another two minutes, before Louis put the dishes in the sink.

“I was thinking that you perhaps wanted to come to school with me today?” Louis looked at Niall, who basically jumped then and there.

“School?! With lots of teenagers? Homophobic jerks…?” Niall looked nervously at Louis. Louis patted his shoulder, smiling.

“Yes, but those guys won’t bother us. Actually me and my best friend; Harry are one of the most popular guys in school, so there won’t be a problem.”

Well, there won’t be a problem, unless Harry had something on his mind.

Yay quick update! Basically, I didn't have very much to do today, and I already had the keywords for this chapter, so it was easily written! Hope you like it!

Feedback? :)

Love you all xx