Chapter 5: Ours Is Fury!

Date: 298 AC, 21st day of the 1st month

Location: The Stormlands, Regional Capital: Storm's End, at the residence of the Baratheon family.

A THUNDEROUS lightning flashed in the sky above the robust fortress known as Storm's End withstanding centuries of terrible weather in Shipbreaker Bay with visibly no damages. It was built by Durran Godsgrief, the first Storm King during the Dawn Age who married the goddess, Elenei because of which, doomed her to die a human's death. Elenei's parents, the sea god and wind goddess created a great storm to destroy the castle where the wedding was taking place except for Durran who was protected by Elenei. He declared war against the godly duo after they killed his family and guests. After the storm ended, Durran rebuilt his castle six times each larger and more formidable than its predecessor but all were destroyed by storms. 

However, the colossal seventh castle, Storm's End also known as Durran's Defiance because it was able to endure the storms of Shipbreaker Bay. The curtain wall facing the sea was twenty-four metres thick, which was built by Brandon "the Builder" Stark, the founder of House Stark of Winterfell with the help of the Children of the Forest's magic at Durran's request.

Renly Baratheon, the current ruler of the Stormlands was looking at the regal family portrait in the Main Hall of Storm's End, reminiscing about his happy childhood when his parents were around and they were devoid of any responsibilities and just playing about just thinking about the future. Soon however, they heard new of their parents ship sinking in Shipbreaker Bay in sight of their home, Storm's End which also killed a hundred of their soldiers. After hearing the devastating news, he cried and mourned the longest among his brothers and thinks about them on a daily basis. After their burial ceremony, was the announcement that his first brother, Robert becoming the ruler of the Stormlands and thus becoming the new Lord of Storm's End, all of the Stormlords far and wide are to congratulate him and offer their condolensces.

A few years later, Robert ignited a rebellion against the Mad King Aerys II Targaryen with his friend, Lord Eddard Stark of the North and his father-figure, Lord Jon Arryn of the Vale as well as the Riverlands with their combined forces, it was one of the bloodiest conflicts amongst the Westerosi great houses in a long time caused by the Mad King's execution of Rickard & Brandon Stark who were Lord Eddard's father and brother. King Aerys II Targaryen's descent into madness was going on for sometime, because of the fealty the Westerosi lords swore they were not able to take action but crossed a threshold after the aforementioned's death. 

The Rebellion lasted two years, the grand finale being the Assault on Dragonstone, were my second brother, Stannis was sent to the royal island stronghold, Dragonstone which, was House Targaryen's ancestral seat to deal with Viserys and Daenerys Targaryen, the last Targaryen heirs but they escaped across the Narrow Sea. Outraged, Robert angrily but strategically stripped his brother, Stannis stripped him of the prosperous Storm's End and granted it to their younger brother, Renly whilst Stannis received the barren Dragonstone which, was the traditional seat for the heir to the Seven Kingdoms. He took it as a slight against him but later on Robert managed to convince him on the strategic importance of the castle to which, he accepted with much chagrin.

While the rebels being victorious and celebrating the royalists scattered with many of them surrendering and others going into exile; the victors and their forces gathered in front of the Red Keep to see that their saviour being crowned: Robert of House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals, Rhoynar and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm by Grand Maester Pycelle which, began the new Baratheon dynasty. While much of Westeros remains ravaged by the aftermath of the war, a long road of reconstruction remains ahead for the new fledgling government who began to cement their influence.