01 | "The Incident."

~○~

~Ochaco Uraraka.

It was currently lunchtime and rain was falling heavily outside. Most of our class was sitting at one table chattering amongst themselves since the cafeteria was filled.

I looked in front of me to see Deku-kun with an upset expression as he bit into his onigiri. I sipped my boba tea curious as to why he was so upset.

"It's such a bummer we can't go outside due to the rain right!" Toru spoke waving her fork around.

The girls around us agreed simultaneously before Midoriya stood up to walk away.

'Eh? Is the reason Deku-kun looks upset, because of the rain??' I stood up, soon after holding unto my pocket.

"Hm. Uraraka-san? Where are you going?" Momo asked me. I turned around with a nervous smile.

"Eh, I'm going to buy a sandwich. Don't wait for me!" I rush off trying to follow Deku-kun's trail.

"Okay?"

After weaving through the crowded hallway I noticed Deku-kun standing near the vending machine.

"Hey, Deku-kun!" I called out skidding to a stop.

"Ah! Uraraka-san!! Did you also come to buy water?" Deku-kun asked holding his bottle.

"Not really but I think I'll buy one now." I giggled before buying a smaller version of his water.

"Not really? Then why are you here?" Deku-kun asked sitting on a nearby bench. I sat next to him as we watched others pass through the hallway.

"You seemed really upset near the table. So I wanted to know if you... dislike the rain?" I questioned drinking the water.

"...oh it's about that. Was I really that noticeable?" He asked looking at me with sad eyes.

"Not really! I don't think anyone else noticed." I reassured.

'I couldn't tell him the reason I noticed was that I was staring at him while he eat!!' I felt my face get flush as I scooted away.

"That's good to hear. And to answer your question, it's not that I don't like the rain. I only hate thunderstorms." I looked at him confused.

"Nothing good... ever happens to me during thunderstorms," Deku-kun explained. I nodded in understanding.

"But that wasn't the reason I'm upset." He quickly added.

"It's not?"

"Nah."

"Then what was the reason?" I leaned back on the wall peering at Deku-kun's side portrait.

"It's kind of embarrassing. But All Might promised that he would overwatch my training but because of the unsuspecting weather, Principal Nezu started a staff meeting... I guess I was upset that no one would be able to see my progress." Deku-kun looked down fully blushing.

'Awah! That sounds so adorable!!' I cooed which made him blush even more.

"Don't do that! It's embarrassing!" He covered his face with his jacket as I laughed.

"Gomen-ne, gomen-ne! But all you need is someone to watch your process, right? Then let me help!" I announced standing up.

"Eh??" He replied looking up at me.

"Come on Deku-kun! Lunch would be over if you stay like that!"

"Haha! Alright, alright! Let's go to Gym Gamma." Deku-kun agreed standing up and weaving his way to the said destination.