02 | "Inner feelings."

~○~

~Uraraka Ochaco.

I faced Tetsutetsu who also had the same thought as mine. I shook my head, alerting him that the plan hadn't changed as well as reassuring myself that we can do this.

I raised two fingers into the air, hands slightly trembling before it was reduced to one. I exhaled all nervousness, clenched my fist, and ran opposite to where I was standing.

“Monoma!!!” I heard Tetsutetsu bellow, dashing toward Deku-kun's side. However, I couldn't focus on them now. Reaching the locker rooms I scanned to see if there was anything I could use.

I gritted my teeth as I noticed there was a cabinet filled with cleaning equipment as well as some dumbbells. I tried opening the other doors but it was locked.

‘Ugh not now!!’

The plan I made with Tetsutetsu was simple, well simple enough for two people who never really interacted. He and Monoma were meant to distract Deku while I run towards the locker room to find anything we can use to immobilize him.

However, I was starting to doubt whether my plan was okay. It already began failing before it could begin!

‘I shouldn't have left him to fight Deku-kun alone. Is Monoma even awake?? Tetsutetsu barely knows Deku-kun’s fighting style as I do. I should have been there instead.’ I slapped my cheeks as I caught sight of the showers.

Thunder roared, nearly covering the screams of agony as I bit my lip, activating my quirk on the buckets and running outside. Slamming the doors open I noticed Tetsutetsu was also caught, however, his upper body was logged into the concrete in a comical way.

‘I should have ran towards the teachers.’ I staggered as the monstrous shadow loomed before me… Crying.

..?

‘Wait…’ I felt ashamed, was it because I was too focused on his quirk to realize if he was in pain? ‘Deku-kun would have noticed sooner.’

I bitterly laughed at myself glancing at not my opponent but the person I needed to save.

“St,..op…please,” I heard him stutter, did he not know how to turn it off? Of course he didn't! Deku-kun would have stopped it long ago if he did.

I dashed towards his side, touching my legs as I floated above him. The buckets were right by my side as I carefully held them in my palms.

Cold water fell upon Deku as the rampage stopped. He looked at me confused as Monoma was released from his previous spot. I quickly dove to catch him as he shakily whispered a phrase.

Sec...ond impact…

The frozen black spikes began twitching before moving like whips that were safeguarding Deku, but the hits still made contact with Deku-kun as he fell to the ground.

I let go of the passed-out Monoma and rushed towards my friend's side, watching as the blood that trickled down his head was stopped by the black whips.

I was worried, would I be attacked as well like the others? I shook my head, so what? Deku-kun was in pain and I wanted. No, needed to save him.

There was barely any space between us, just a large black wall, I rested my palms on it alongside my forehead. “Deku-kun, I'm here.”

“...”

Did Monoma admit defeat?” I heard him question as I looked back at the aforementioned who was passed out.

“...yeah, he did,” I replied as the black wall became a tunnel leading toward Deku's puffy eyes.

Wasting no time I scrambled to his side and gave him a hug, realizing that his hair was damp from my previous sabotage.

“I'm here, I'm here! Deku-kun, I'm so sorry.” I wailed as I felt tears welling in my eyes.

“No, thank you… Uraraka-sans.” Deku mumbled pointing at someone who wasn't there.

“Erm, Deku-kun I'm over here.” I announced as I saw he stared at me with doe eyes. “So you are,” he raised his hand, caressing my rosy cheeks. The black wall that was protecting us from the harsh weather outside was lowered as thunder roared again. As if it was exclaiming that the fight was over.

I leaned into his touch as I felt my face getting warmer. “Let's get you to Recovery Girl, okay?” I smiled. ‘I shouldn't ask him about his quirk… yet.’

I held onto the towel from the locker room and wrapped it around his head. I felt his scarred hand slipping as he uttered a small sentence.

That… would be great…” My eyes widened in horror as Deku-kun fainted on the sparring mat. The quirk was gone revealing all the damages it brought from its appearance.

“Deku-kun!” I yelled, as the doors slammed open and the sky snorted at the timing. A large gust of wind and rain filled the heated room as I squinted to see who was the cause.

“What happened here?!” It was none other than Hound Dog Sensei. I looked around to see that besides the teacher, I was the only one conscious.

Oh Kami…