05 | "A Step Forward..."

~○~

~Uraraka Ochaco.

Shutting my balcony door, I happily floated to my bed.

"Release!" Using my pillow I hid my face, I knew I was grinning, and I was almost certain that I was blushing. However, I dared not move from my spot to face the truth... How could I? I knew that Deku-kun was the one who caused me to smile this way.

'How could I not? He was so cute!!!' ... And I knew that I should stop this before my heart created scenarios that weren't real.

'Why are you acting as if he confessed to you?' I bit my lip as I recalled what he told me in the corridor.

"I-I don't mind... if you call me Deku..." Why did he emphasize the 'you' like that?! Shouldn't that be foul play? I mentally complained, yet my mind was against me as I remembered a scene before that...

...

"You're still calling me Deku..." I felt like crying, Deku was a name he chose to tell Bakugou he wasn't the same, it then became his hero name, a symbol that no matter what old trends say he wouldn't remain useless... he proved those resolutions every time he was tested...

How can I make him understand? I glanced at how nervous he looked, he wasn't even looking at me but rather at his hands with an expression I saw before. I was reminded of his second manifestation, I was so focused on saving Monoma, that I placed Deku's feelings second.

Why am I repeating the same mistakes? I crashed myself onto his torso as I braced myself on the chair. My spontaneous actions didn't stop there and I carefully encased him in a hug.

"Do you really not want me to?" I breathe, if Deku-kun was uncomfortable with me calling him 'Deku' I would stop... not completely, but I would stop forcing it on him and prove that his name can never be used as ridicule.

...

As the memory replayed, I realized that I initiated the foul play with my moves. 'I hugged him... I whispered in his ears!! What was I thinking?! Almost everyone in the class knows how awkward Deku-kun is with girls!!! And I just hugged him like that?!' I lowered my pillow. Guess we're even then.

Scanning my vacant room I spotted my bookbag on the floor with my art and math books spilled out.

"I... guess I can organize my notes."

~

I woke up to an unpleasant greeting from my ceiling, I still felt drowsy from being interrupted from my sleep which was why I only fully woke up when the sun rays reflected off my balcony window. Displaying how many things floated because of my quirk.

My pencil case...

My bag.

...Fan.

....My chair....

!!!

'My Bed?!'

'What in Thirteen's name?!' All tiredness was gone I balanced myself quickly belting a, "Release!"

As all objects became bound by the laws of gravity, the dorms were shaken by the inharmonious sounds of chaos. At the sounds, the last bit of sleep that was weakly holding onto me fled.

?!

"WHAT THE FUCK!-" A feminine voice shrieked among the sounds of a tumbling drum kit.

"Jirou-san are you okay?!" I shouted, recognizing her voice instantly, I leaned over the pit, but I couldn't see the situation since there was still a dust cloud below. I quickly jumped into the room below me, anxious to see if Kyoka was okay.