Chapter two

"Communication"
The music is loading...
The music is on.
--------------------------

In the castle everyone had just woke up. Nightmare was on the couch reading a book while being careful that the other wouldn't do anything stupid. He gets up of his chair and put his book on the table to take a walk in the forest. He needs a bit of time for himself far away from them, even though is subordinates might burn everything down while he is gone. Dreamtale is a dead place where no one was and no one came here expected Dream. The negativity in this Au makes him unable to come whenever he wants. Nightmare was walking through a path with dead flowers, even though it was raining the sky was a beautiful grey. He hoped that he was all alone in this forest, he couldn't see far because of the tree hiding the sun even if it was cloudy, he walked until he saw a dead tree that he knew better than anything else.

"Hello mother."
He muttered. Nightmare sat next to it and looked up at the sky, it was too cold but he didn't matter much to him. He closed his eyes for a minute, feeling the rain falling on his face. After sometimes he heard someone coming next to him as they lift their hand on his shoulders, Nightmare moved away from the touch. He opened his eyes to see who was there, it was Killer, smiling.

"Boss."
Nightmare stares at Killer.

"Something's wrong?"
He looked empty because of his big black eyes where tears that looks just like goop always fall.

"Not.. really"
He said as he smiled, not showing any emotions at all.

"There's just hm... Error needs to speak to you about stuff, he only said that I haven't got any more informations."
He gets up from the grass, he gave a last glare at his mother before looking down at Killer, he wasn't short anymore and he wasn't the little boy that everyone knew before, he was now a whole new person. Taller and older meaning that he understood more the meaning of life or at least his life. Madness and pure chao, killing people that didn't deserved to live an happy and healthy life, the happy life he had always begged for. They walked together until the castle, Nightmare didn't thought at any moment about how Killer had found him. Nobody ever bothered him when he visited his mother or at least until today. Error is standing in front of Nightmare with his arms crossed and a pissed look on his face. Killer stepped away to leave those two alone.

"What do you want?"

-"We need to talk about doing a truce."

-"Why? You said a month ago that you didn't want to do any truce."

-"The multiverse needs one."

-"Error I know that it's not about the multiverse this time."

-"You know that I talk to Swap well he eventually talked about Dream and clearly he can't handle any shit feelings because you're bringing to much negativity."

'He can't handle negativity huh?' Nightmare murmured, it would explain why he had stopped fighting with him or even tried to come to their universe.

"Was Dream the one who asked for a truce or was Swap the one who did?"

"Swap did, Dream don't speak anymore he's too afraid to bother anyone because of what's happening to.. -"

-"Ask Swap to bring him to Science because I won't do any truce for him. It's mygoal to get a lot of negativity even if it means he'll get into trouble because of that it's not my problem. He would do the same if he wasn't this dumb."
He rolls his eyes. Error didn't expected much from the king of negativity but at this point he was just tired of his bullshit.

"You're worse than him man, you know that a truce could genuinely be good for everyone?"

"It doesn't matter, I told you I've got a goal and I won't change it for him."
Nightmare started to get pissed off because he didn't want to talk about Dream, he doesn't want to hear his stupid name at all, just having to pronounce it makes him irritated.

"You'll definitely regret once the universe will be too fucked up to get any negativity from it anymore."

"Get the fuck out of here!"
Error laughs it off giving Nightmare a last stare before leaving to his white and empty void. Nightmare sat down as he cover his face with his hands. He groans, the truce, fuck the truce and Dream! It isn't a good idea at all but..maybe if he accepts he could manipulate him to get even more negativity.. It would kill him. He decides to take a breath outside again since it stopped raining and the sky wasn't that dark anymore. In the forest he was looking down as he tried to think about why wouldn't he be glad to kill that motherfu.. Suddenly, he heard someone walking not too far away from him he looked behind and saw him as he smiled gently but looking really sick, a real sunshine even though he is at his worse. Nightmare put his hands in his pockets looking at him silently, he just hoped that it wasn't gonna be an unpleasant discussion.

"Hello Nightmare."

"What do you want?"

"Heh, I just wanted to talk to you."

"Is it about the truce? If yes then go f*ck yourself because I'm not gonna respond."

"What truce? I never asked for any truce."
Dream looks confused. Nightmare was as confused as him but he then remembered that no one had told him about the truce.

"..Right Swap asked for a truce for you but I guess he didn't talk about it to the concerned one huh?"

"Oh well they think I'm a baby so I can't take care of myself, Ink and him always do everything for me." He sighs, his voice is shaky. 

"I mean they're right, you're a dumbass who can't do anything by yourself."
Dream doesn't laugh, something he would naturally have done.

"Nightmare.."

"Why are you here?"

"I can't come in my universe?"
Nightmare takes a deep breath.

"You can but it's also my universe I don't want to see you and those idiot will kill you whenever they want."

"Are you telling me that you don't want me to come here because you don't want me to get hurt?"
Dream smiled.

"It's not what I meant idiot, it's just that if you die the multiverse will die too, not that I care about that but I need negativity from them to live." He says as he remembers what Error told him. Another idiot who's the right, Nightmare might have to listen to him.

-"Pff yeah sure I know what you actually meant." It was silent for a long minute before Nightmare spoke.

"Are you gonna leave now ?"

"Oh come on don't be that mean I know you don't have anything to do anyway."

-"Yeah sure, dumbass."
Dream sit on the grass even though it's cold and wet.

"I want to stay here a little bit." He says as he looks up at the clouds fading away to show off the stars, shining better than Dream's soul.

"There's a lot of negativity here."

"That's why you need to leave."

"You currently feel bad because of negativity."

" I know."

"Why are you still here?"

"Because it's okay, at least I can talk to you."

"Go away."

"I want to stay with you."

"You are gonna turn into stone if you stay here." A softer way to say he'll die soon.

"I don't mind anymore."
Nightmare gets closer to Dream to make him get up. He tried to lift him up, something he used to do easily, but they're grown up now, they aren't close anymore, they can't touch each other. He gets his hands away from Dream.

"Go away. You are sick."

-"Look at the sky it's raining again, remember when you got me this cape." He murmurs as he caress his soft and wet hero cape. "You sang me lullabies and promised me that I'll never be afraid of thunderstorms again yet I'm still scared of it, you promised me Nightmare, you promised me so many things, you promised me to save me from our role, from this sickness, yet you never did anything you promised. Yet, i still love you."