𝟤 | 𝖽𝗎𝗄𝖾

Neighborhood Friends

You were born and raised in the heart of Greenville, SC

You were born and raised in the heart of Greenville, SC. Deeblock made you, and you were proud to be from the hood. Everyone knows everyone, and all the people your age grew up playing with each other and going to school together.

You all were about 20-30 years old now; some people stayed in the hood, but others made it out; others as in you and Duke.

You graduated high school alongside Duke, and became a licensed Real Estate Agent within the same year. You moved to Atlanta and have been living there, selling houses ever since.

You haven't seen Duke since you graduated; or really anyone from Deeblock since you graduated. Even though you were all friends on Facebook, you didn't really keep in touch; you were caught up in your work and the new chapter in life you've created for yourself.

A couple of years after moving to Atlanta, you would see posts and YouTube videos involving Duke. He was making a name for himself within the content creating industry and you were very happy for him.

You wanted to congratulate him but you lost his number, and it's been years since you both have talked.

Fast forward to this year. You're on your way to tour this new house for sale, but decided to get some gas first. You walk in the gas station to get a drink, then get surprised by seeing Duke looking for one as well.

"Duke?" You ask.

He furrows his brows as he turns to you, then his facial expression changes once he realizes it's you, "Y/n?" He smiles.

You smile back as you both reach for a hug, "How have you been? It's been years!"

"I've been great; blessed for real, how about you miss real estate agent?"

"I've been great as well mister youtuber! Yea I been seeing you everywhere on YouTube, congratulations!"

"Thank you, thank you," he says.

You both quickly catch up and exchange numbers.

"I gotta get to this video shoot, you should come and I'll introduce you to everyone."

"Well, I have to tour this house just a couple of minutes from here first; it won't take long. Just send me the info I'll definitely come through."

"Bet, it was nice seeing you," he reaches for another hug.

"You too," you say and he walks to the front counter.

You get your drink and pay for your gas. Then make your way to this house tour.

About an hour later, you open the message Duke sent about where the video shoot was located and you make your way there.

You pull up to the building they're shooting the vid at & see Duke outside waiting for you.

You park and walk up to him. He smiles and puts his arm over you, "You made it! Let me introduce you to everybody and allat."

"Bett," you both walk in.

There was a hug wrestling ring in the middle of the room; people were everywhere.

"What's the theme for this vid?"

"AMP W.W.E."

"Ahhh okay, okay," you look around.

He leads you over to a guy with a durag and beard, & another guy who was a bit shorter with dreads.

"Chris and Kai, this is y/n. Y/n, this is Chris and Kai,"

You grin and shake their hands, "Nice to meet you both."

He introduces you to the rest of the people and shortly after, they start filming.

You watched as they filmed the vid and noticed how much they loved doing it. You can tell that this is what they enjoy to do. It reminded you of how much you love to do what you do.

Duke was so passionate about creating content and you really liked that about him. He was determined and gave 100% of his effort.

He was always like this for as long as you remembered.

After they finish filming, everyone begins to clean up and get ready to go back to the AMP house.

Duke comes up to you, "You think this gone be a good video?"

"Yeah! You guys did great!"

"Thank you, I appreciate that. We be putting all of our energy in these video for real."

"I can see, I fuck with that."

"That's wassup. I got a question real quick though."

"Yea? What's up?"

"You doing anything this weekend?"

Your eyes widen. Is he asking you out on a date? You weren't complaining, you were just shocked because you never thought he saw you like that. You try not to get your hopes up though, he could just be asking because he wanted to hang out or something.

"I'm actually free, surprisingly."

"Bet, let me take you out."

"Hmm, take me out where?"

"Wherever you want. Movies, Restaurant, or we can just chill at da crib? I gotta give you a tour of the house too."

You blush, "I'll think about it."

"Ight bet."

"I thought about it; I know this really good restaurant just around the corner."

He chuckles, "Bet, bet."

"You can give me the house tour today, I'm free for the rest of the day."

"Ight just follow me whenever we leave; my car is the camo jeep. Imma go help clean n shit," he says.

"Okay, I'll be here."

He grins and jogs over to the wresting ring.

You open your phone to check your feeds, then suddenly hear whispering from behind you.

"Yea he told me he been tryna find her IG for a while but he couldn't or some shit. They haven't spoke in years, he said she was like his first lil childhood crush," Kai whispered.

"Damn so like, he just randomly saw her at the gas station? That's gods work right there," Chris said.

I turn around and they both quickly look at me, then they turn around and continue whispering.

I chuckle to myself and walk around as I wait for everyone to be ready to leave.

to be continued...