Showered in Ice and Sunlight

Scott trudged towards his bed. As much as he tried to act confident and powerful, at the end of the day, he was scared and alone. 

He sat down on his bed, edging towards the bedframe, curling into a ball. He wrapped his silk blankets around him. They didn't offer much heat, but he didn't need heat. He needed comfort, something, someone, to anchor him to the world.

He felt tears slide down his cheeks. He let them come, a heavy sob enveloping him. Scott let everything drift away and just cried his heart out. 

Scott heard someone knock. He heard them patter up the stairs in concern. He didn't acknowledge who it was. He just tried to calm his sobs.

Scott was about to tell the person to leave when they spoke. "Scott?" They asked, their voice filled with worry and love. It was so familiar.

Scott looked up, his eyes puffy from crying. The tears has started to freeze as they continued to fall down his cheeks.

The person had locks of dirty blonde hair, beautiful brown eyes and a gross but endearing cod as a hat. Jimmy.

Scott straightened. Jimmy had just seen him crying. He must seem so weak and vulnerable. Jimmy looked him over, noticing Scott's disheveled appearance. His eyes lingered on Scott's. 

"What happened to you- are you ok- why are you crying?" Jimmy stammered, sitting down beside Scott, gently brushing his fingers against Scott's arm.

"Ji- go away! I don't want to hurt you!" Scott whisper yelled, scrambling away from Jimmy. He has to keep Jimmy safe. 

"You won't hurt me, petal. Please, tell me what's wrong." Jimmy says, his eyes pleading. God, his eyes, Scott thought. He lost a few seconds getting lost in them.

He reluctantly looked away, at his hands entangled in the sheets of his bed. "I-I- I hurt Gem..I didn't mean to- but I did! And..I ran away. I scared myself so bad and I-" Scott got cut off by Jimmy crashing into him, wrapping Scott into a bear hug. 

Jimmy nuzzled his face in Scott's neck, trying to squeeze the sadness out of him.

"Love, please.." Scott sighed, feeling the comfort he wanted so badly earlier.

"Scott, how long ago was all this?" Jimmy asked, pulling away to Scott's protest. Scott didn't mind the cold, but Jimmy has a warmth that made him feel safe.

"Almost a month.." Scott muttered. Jimmy looked at him with pure sympathy. 

"I don't need pity, Jimmy" Scott groaned. Jimmy parted his mouth and closed it. He didn't know what to say to comfort Scott, but he sure didn't want to upset him.

"Its not pity, petal. But, have you talked to Gem?" Jimmy asked.

Scott shook his head, leaning into Jimmy. Jimmy put his arms around Scott again. Scott smiled at the newfound warmth.

"A month is a long time to wallow in guilt." Jimmy said, trying to not sound like he was giving pity.

"Almost a month." Scott corrected. Jimmy let out a sharp exhale, a small laugh. 

"Still. You ok, Scott?" Jimmy asked. Scott shoved his head father into Jimmy. Jimmy let out another laugh.

"Want me to stay with you tonight?" Jimmy asked. He didn't want to sleep if it meant Scott was all alone. 

Scott wanted to say no. He didn't need anyone. He could control ice, make an entire building out of ice! He didn't need a babysitter.

But it was Jimmy.

He was like a little puppy. 

Scott sighed. "Please do, love." He mumbled into Jimmy's chest.

Jimmy slowly fell sideways into the pillows. He wrapped blankets around the two of them. "I love you petal." He whispered to Scott.

"I love you too." Scott smiled, looking up at Jimmy.

Jimmy smiled and let Scott drift off into a much needed rest. Jimmy fell asleep not long after, the only thought in his mind being Scott.