Chapter 1-Whiplash

In many ways, this one is my passion project. Not only have I been raised on Marvel comics and was hoping Bucky and Nat would be together but I also don't think Scarlett and Sebastian would have been a good match. Nothing against them but they would make a odd looking couple in my mind. So I made my own version of a black widow. Another winter soldier.

January 1992

Anya's POV

"Anya." The doctor yelled after me only making me want to run faster. The ice burning my bare feet with every step that i made. But i kept going. Running with no where to go but forward. No knowledge as to where i needed to go or how to get there. "Anastasia." I looked behind me for just a second catching the sight of the doctor catching up to me. It only took me a few moments of studying my surrounding before i stepped onto the edge. The handgun i stole from a guard weighing a ton in my hand. There was nothing but cliffs below me. It seemed to scare the doctor enough.

"Tell me doctor. Will i die if i fall or will your serum save me?" The doctor held his hands out in front of him as if he could catch me in the event that i threw myself over the edge. Or if i didn't shoot him. His name was Doctor Pakov. He was a scientist for SHIELD. I guess he still was at this point. Saw a young scientist straight out of MIT and took advantage.

"Don't do this Anastasia. You know better." Pakov took a step forward forcing me to raise the gun.

"You tricked me. You told me that i was going to do good. I didn't want this." I felt the tears come to my eyes as i realized why i was here. What they had done to me. "I'm just an science project to you."

"No. You are much more Anya." He looked down at my feet. I was cold and the stone was not treating me kindly. "Please. Hear me out." I let out one more shakey breath before adjusting my stance on the edge.

"I hope i never see you again." Pakov's eyes went wide.

"No, Anya."

"Goodbye." I stepped backwards straight off the edge of the wall. It felt so slow. The wind blowing past me. My hair blowing in my face. I closed my eyes waiting for the impact. It came but it felt like nothing. As if i could do it every day and not even have to worry about it. My eyes opened again but i couldn't move. I did something very wrong. There was a figure standing over me. From my view he looked like he was dressed in all black. The only part of him showing through being his hair and his eyes. The rest covered by leather armor. Without hesitation, he laced his arms between me and the snow lifting ever so carefully. A small moan escaped my mouth as my neck fell back. I broke my neck. The pain still felt dull. It had to be because i was in shock. Physically, even with the serum, i should be in excruciating pain. Not sore. Right? I felt my intense sorrow fill my chest as the man carried me back into the fortress. We had walked past multiple other doctors but the man didn't seem to want to pay him an attention. He walked further and further in until we reached a room similar to an operating room. The man spoke to the doctors around us in a deep monotone. It was Russian so i didn't really understand it.

When i arrived at the remote SHIELD location three months ago, i was one of these one's in lab coats. I was oblivious to what i was doing but i know now that they were watching me. Waiting so that they can ruin me with their experiments. Experiments that i helped them find. It was stupid. I didn't have any idea what i was doing until i saw the file on Howard Stark. They captured me and turned me into one of their soldiers so that they could try to turn me into one of him. The man. The soldier. He put me down on the operating table just as Pakov came rushing into the room. "Soldier. I am eternally grateful for her rescue." The soldier took the gun that was still clutched in my hand quickly turning to Pakov.

"You failed." The soldier said quickly pulling the trigger. Pakov fell to the floor immediately. He was certainly dead. "She dies. I will kill you all." The gun dropped to the floor and the soldier walked out of the room in a smooth stride. Doctors crowded around me. One putting an oxygen mask over my mouth. It all went black soon after.