Chapter 4- Awakened

Sam's POV

"It could be hours or it could be days." Bruce said sitting across the table from Tony. The girl had been in a coma for over a week now. All of us were on the edge for the entirety waiting to see what would happen when she recovers. If only they read her file.

"Relax if you can Bruce." Steve leaned back in his chair. "You deserve it." Bruce nodded at him smiling.

"Do we have any information on who this maybe be?" Bruce looked around at the group. Tony notably looked uncomfortable with the question. He stiffed sitting up. I know he didn't answer.

"Her file says she was a SHIELD scientist." They all looked up at me. Waiting for me to continue. "No note on if she was a volunteer to receive the serum but she was their second most efficient assassin."

"Assassin?" Tony seemed to have been hurt by this information.

"Yes. Has a pretty long list of confirmed kills. Some that were written off by SHIELD  as being accidents because she was not one for bullets."

"Whats her weapon?"

"Herself. Her victims were either bled out or broken." Steve winced looking down at his hands. "Whoever she is, she's dangerous."

"Or she had her mind controlled. Bucky didn't even remember Steve. We don't even know if he knew what he was doing." Natasha said out of the blue. She had seen the discomfort appearing on Steve and Tony's faces. They were hiding something but none of us felt the need to really bring it up.

"Tony." We all looked towards the voice. Helen Cho was standing in the doorway, her hands behind her back. "She is waking up." My breath caught in my throat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anya's POV

2013

Don't let go. That's what I told myself. Bucky's hand was gripping mine as tight as it could as we ran through the streets. The black cars gaining speed behind us. Cars that got in their way being crushed from the impact. A piece of metal hit my shoulder blade making me flinch slightly. "Bucky." He looked behind us only for a moment quickly pulling me into the next alley. At the end was just a brick wall. I could tell Bucky didn't plan for us to be caught here. Probably hoped for a fence to climb. He stopped in his tracks looking over my shoulder.

"Listen to me."  He started looking into my eyes.  He got close taking my face in his hands. "Whatever they do. No matter how long before I see you again, I won't forget." This was, of course, a lie. Every time he had his memory wiped it took me being close to death or a memory from his past to bring him back to me. It would all rush in. That's when I would get him back.

"Bucky. I'm so sorry." The tears formed in my eyes but were quickly wiped away.

"I agreed. Do not be sorry." I heard the tires screech behind us. "I love you Anya. For as long as I live. Do you understand that?" I nodded.

"I love you James Barnes." He grinned leaning in. Everything I needed to know was in this kiss. Even though he wouldn't tell me, this moment will very well be the last time he ever sees me again. Whether it be through death or separation. In what felt like slow motion we were separated. I through the first guard that grabbed me into a wall while Bucky required two men to even attempt to get him under control. We put up a fight. Sending almost everyone that came towards us into the walls or on the floor screaming from broken bones. Then there was the pinch of the needle entering my skin and those words. Those horrifying words that made the man I love turn into a statue. I watched him go stiff as I fell to the ground. My whole body went numb then it all went black.