Chapter 2- Anya

2013

Anya's POV

"I will always love you." I whispered holding tight to his arm. The sun had just set. Bucky and i had escaped at the first opportunity we were given. They brought us back from a mission in which Bucky had failed to finish the job. I had to be the one that took the target down. We were both traumatized and he was instantly given the order to get wiped again. At gunpoint, he was able to get away and by some miracle i was able to run too. Our escorts are dead. All killed by one of us. Now, we just sat in the darkest part of a park. Me sitting between his legs and just enjoying every moment for as long as we had our freedom.

"I feel the same." Bucky's hand rested on mine as i leaned my head on his chest. From the clues i gathered from how far we travelled, i would say we were somewhere in Central Europe.

"We can make it to France in three days. If we're lucky we can find a way home."

"New York or California?" Bucky let out a small laugh before kissing the top of my head. "I think that is a bit bold to believe." I sat up turning over to him. We had stolen some clothes from a store just a few hours earlier and was just now able to look like a normal couple. That's saying if someone doesn't get blinded by a bright silver arm.

"Entertain the idea of a life with me for a moment." Bucky tilted his head bringing his hand up to my cheek.

"Its always just been a dream."

"But now we can make it real." A smile formed on his lips. "We can have a life and a family."

"Three children at most. I won't give you more then that." I had a sudden feeling of giddiness leaning into him more. "Mostly girls."

"We find jobs that allow us to split our time between the two states and all that will truly matter will be that the family is together." Bucky smile grew as he held me closer. He always looked at me with such love and care but this time just felt so strong.

"And we would keep each other safe."

"I think we have a deal." We laid there in each others arms for what felt like forever. To be honest, it could have been minutes and i wouldn't notice. Time slowed down when i am able to be with Bucky.

"We need to move." Bucky finally said after ages of just looking into each other's eyes. I threw my head back and groaned. "We don't have a chance here." I brought my head back smiling.

"Fine." I jumped up on my feet turning to stretch my hand out. "Come, love of my life." Bucky took my hand pulling himself up pulling me to him.

"Forever." He leaned down kissing my lips softly. It made my brain fuzzy the way he kissed me. It was so full of love. In this moment, it was just us too. It all came tumbling down once he pulled away. In the distance, there was a man dressed conspicuously in the shadows. For any normal pedestrian, he would be able to go unnoticed. But i'm not a normal pedestrian.

"Bucky?"

"Yes?" He looked confused but was immediately alarmed by the change in my expression.

"Run." His eyes filled with fear. Fear of what would or could happen to us.

~~~~~~~~~~

2014

Steve's POV

"It's all clear up here Cap." Tony voice rang through my earpiece as he flew into the level above me. They must have gotten some warning that we were coming. In every room, there were papers scattered all over the floor as if it was cleared out in a hurry. For a moment, i thought of how they could have gotten the warning. We could have been spied on by anyone we still have the illusion of trusting.