the solar cross ♡

the sun is a symbol of creation, growth, and hope. it gives life to nature. that's why the sun is a common symbol of God, Zeus, and deities from different beliefs and religions. in witchcraft the sun, which can be represented by the solar cross, is a symbol for new beginnings and transformations. pulling the sun in a tarot reading means good fortune, happiness, and harmony.

the solar cross or the cosmic cross is a symbol with four sections representing our four seasons. it marks the solstices and equinoxes with the lines that form the cross.

because of its strong relation to the sun, the solar cross has become a symbol during Litha, the peak of summer. during Litha, witches often celebrate over bonfires to thank the sun for giving good harvest and good fortune.

this symbol can be used in your daily life in the form of a necklace or other jewelry or drawn on paper to help you see the bright side of things no matter the circumstance.

there are many ways to use the solar cross in witchcraft, whether you're a sun witch or someone who just wants to use the bright energy of the sun in their craft.

when infused with intention, the solar cross can protect you from negative energies. throughout the day, we're vulnerable to negative energies from everyday encounters. we constantly swap energies with other people. but the solar cross can help protect you from that and give you an extra boost of bright, happy energy.

the sun makes it possible for plants to grow. its light gives us energy to wake up and get things done daily. having the symbol of the sun close to you can remind you that everything is possible, even if you're in a place that makes it hard to believe so. the solar cross encourages you to see the light within every moment as you manifest your best life. where there's light, there's always hope.