✔︎ || greenes

✔︎ | | greenes chapter four

✔︎ | | greenes
chapter four

Rick ran. He didn't stop. He couldn't stop. The weight in his arms said no. He needed to keep running. He looked down at the unconscious Callie I'm his arms.

Carl and Shane was behind and with the man that had shot the bullet. Rick panted heavily. He re adjusted Callie I'm his arms, holding her tight.

"Hey, you move, shithead! Come on, get us there!" Shane shouted at the man. Carl looked at his dad and his friend, her face was pale and no emotion.

"How far? How far?" Rick yelled at the man.

The man panted, pointing. "Another half mile, that way! Hershel, talk to Hershel- He'll help your girl. I'm sorry." The man said, genuine apology.

Rick started to run again. He needed to make sure Callie was okay, for Lexa and for himself. He couldn't let her die. He sighed of relief when he saw the house. He confined to run as the house got closer and closer.

People came out of the house as rick got closer. "Was she bit?" The older man asked.

Rick shook his head, unable to get his words out. "Shot, by your man." Rick told them. "said find Hershel. Is that you? Help me- Help her." Rick begged as he walked into the house.

Hershel started to call orders as he sorted out the bed. Rick places Callie down gently, looking at her with tears in his eyes. "Is-is she alive?" Rick asked, his eyes not looking away from Callie, getting the pillowcase.

"Fold it- Make a pad. Put pressure on the wound." Hershel told Rick and he did as Hershel asked, looking down at Callie.

"I've got a heartbeat- It's faint." Hershel tells Rick.

"I've got it, step back." The older woman asked. Rick nodded and moved away, his eyes not leaving Callie.

"Your name?" Hershel asked Rick, who was still in shock.

"R-Rick." He stuttered "I'm-I'm-I'm Rick." Rick nods.

"Rick, we're gonna do everything we can, okay? You need to give us some room. Now." Hershel promises. Rick walks out of the room and out of the house. Callies blood was all over him.

"She's alive- She's still alive?" The man asked. Rick wiped his face, getting blood ok his face in the process. Shane pulled out a rag and cleaned his face the best he could.

He put it in Ricks hand. "Okay. It's okay. You got blood, man. Okay. I'll take it from you. Where is she- Is she okay?" Shane asked. The group had come to like Callie because of her kindness and her energy. Shane didn't want anything to happen to her nor did Rick.