Chapter 4

It's been a week since I started working here and I have gotten used to the strange antics of the ghostbusters. I have found myself spending most of my day in the lab answering questions with Egon or in my room working on my artwork which no one has seen yet. right now it's three am and I am getting caught up with a ton of calls. "you don't understand it's ruining the furniture" the woman I am currently talking to proclaims. "they have to come now" 

"I will have them out there as soon as I can ma'am but if the entity seems violent then you need to leave for the night they will show up as soon as they can." 

"when" she cries and I couldn't help but feel bad. 

"I'm not sure ma'am but I promise it will get taken care of" I hear the woman shuffling around and then a door slam 

"I'm out oh god where do I go," she asks 

"a hotel nothing fancy unless you have someone you can go to are you injured" 

"no I'm fine thank you" she then hangs up and I sigh. I make sure to type everything in and I hear something fall from the lab and I sit up straight. I look behind me but the hall that leads to the lab is dark. I try to ignore it but I couldn't deny the anxiety that was banging at my chest. I get up and I look down the hall too scared to actually go down to see what the hell may have caused such a sound. I go back to typing and printing out the first page of the list of clients when a door slams shut and I turn quickly sharp items from my desk fly to the noise but stop just in front of Egon. once I realise who it was they dropped to the floor. 

"Egon" I take a deep breath "what the hell are you doing up" I snap he picks up the items. 

"I was working, sorry didn't mean to startle you" he informs and I take the items from his hand as he grabs the list for tomorrow. 

"you got a lot of work to do in like three hours you need to go to bed" I insist. 

"I'll be fine" he mutters jotting down some note in his notebook" 

"what are you writing," I ask and he shrugs. 

"just some observations" he then turns to head back to the lab and I get up quickly and I rush to stop him. he looks and me and frowns. "what" 

"bed now" I cross my arms "you need to take care of yourself what if you're too tired tomorrow and you get hurt," he frowns his brows as if trying to study me, damn psychologist. he turns back around and sits next to the desk. "what are you doing" 

"going over my notes" he mutters taking out the notebook. I go and I sit next to him. it is silent for a few minutes and I notice my sketchbook on the table I quickly reach to get it but I slam my knee into the desk. "are you alright" Egon asks and I nod lying about the pain that is shooting through my knee cap. he notices the sketchbook and takes it. 

"no" I try to snatch it but he was already looking through it. 

"you did this," he asks and I nod knowing it's too late to get it back. he looks at a page that has a girl with a collar and scars all over her body in different colors. it had meaning to it I was trying to do self-therapy through the art but I haven't shown any of it to anyone. "are you okay" he asks. 

"I guess my knee still kinda hurts" I chuckle and he looks up. 

"what does it mean," he asks holding up the drawing and I hesitate. 

"it a self-portrait" I admit. "the collar represents how trapped I feel and the scars are a representation of mental, emotional, and physical pain I've been through" I take it from his hands and I look at now hating the drawing for some reason. I close the sketchbook and I put it to the side I get a call and I try to compose myself as I take it. "hello ghostbusters how may we help you" I start and the person on the other side explains what they are seeing and I write everything down putting it into a class that the boys made up. I hadn't noticed that Egon had taken the sketchbook again and went back to the same page.