Chapter 4

TW: FORCED KISSING

I rushed through the halls, desperately turning left and right with no idea of where I was going. I heard no footsteps following me and I couldn't decide if I was relieved or devastated by this. I'm not sure how much longer it was before I was facing the ballroom just as I had at the beginning of this night.
      I stood for a moment, taking in the sight of the couples twirling round and round, smiles resting upon their lips. For a moment I could almost pretend that I was going to enter the room, find Ciel, and dance with him just as all the others were dancing with their partners. But I knew it was just a dream and quickly chased it from my mind.
      Gathering myself, I placed a small smile on my lips and entered the room. I scanned the room for Ucha, but he seemed to disappear. What a pain in my ass. I sighed and walked deeper into the room despite the feeling that it made me prey being hunted by a predator.
I should have listened to that feeling, because I suddenly felt hands around my waist. I twisted around quickly only to come face to face with Alois Trancy, our noses mere inches apart. Another pain in my ass.
He gave me a mischievous smile, knowing exactly what he was doing. I glared at him.
      "M'lady (Y/N). What a pleasure to see you here. Always a pleasure in fact. Would you care to have this dance with me?" He asked, clearly taunting me. I could reject him right here and now and get rid of the problem. However, it would be seen as a great disrespect and would definitely harm my reputation. Not to mention the rumors Alois would spread through the social circles if I were to disrespect him. Well, two can play this game. Returning an equally mischievous smile back to him, I turned around to face him so we could properly dance.
"Lord Trancy. Always a pleasure to see you as well. I would love to dance with you."
Alois took this in stride, his hands still placed on my waist we began our dance. Though, it was less of a dance and more of a silent battle between the two of us, to see who would slip up first. Thankfully, I was very well trained for the games of the upper class society.
"Please, just call me Alois my dear. Lord Trancy makes me sound old," he whispered in my ear, much to close for my liking. Not exactly a jab but I would be treating it as such. I could not afford to be weak willed against such a tricky spider.
"Oh please don't call me your dear. We all know you play for the other team if you understand what I am implying," I whispered back, a pleased smirk making it's way to my face. Alois jerked back as if I had physically struck him. His face went white and he stumbled over his own feet, missing a step in our intricate dance. A point for me.
"How did you- you will speak nothing of that!" He growled through gritted teeth.
"Oh how intimidating! Why should I keep this information on the down low? Are you afraid that society will reject you for your...preferences?"
He squeezed my waist a bit to tightly but I made sure to keep my face neutral. It wasn't that I liked dangling Alois' sexuality like this over his head, but I needed to put the lord in his place. He was much to cocky for my liking. Alois went silent, glaring at me as we continued our dance. As he spun me around once more, I caught Ciel entering the ballroom, looking just as he had earlier in the night, as if nothing had happened between us at all. Though, his jaw was a little more clenched, and when his eyes met the sight of me and Alois he threw us yet another glare. I could feel my defenses weaken against my better judgement. Unfortunately, Alois had noticed as well.
"Such a shame Ciel has to be wed to that silly girl isn't it?" He asked, though it was less of a question and more of a strike in our metaphorical fight. Thought I wouldn't give him the pleasure of seeing my face change.
"It's only a shame he can't marry who he wishes," I said nonchalantly, as if it didn't matter to me either way. That couldn't have been further from the truth.
"Also a shame that even if he could marry who he wished he still wouldn't marry you."
This time it was my turn to rear back as if I had been physically struck. Alois spun me once more and my eyes made contact with Ciel's once again. Who knows how long he had been watching us. I was about to retreat, let Alois win this one so I could simply leave like I had wished to after I exited Ciel's bedchamber. Then, I felt lips press forcefully against mine.