Stories of Us

The final chapter!! 🌈
Thank you so much to each and every person who has followed and enjoyed this story along the way - on AO3, Wattpad or Twitter. Thank you also to M and G for always being the best inspiration 💕
It's been my longest 'book' so far, and took a lot out of me at times - written while also working full time and having a busy home life. It was a dark narrative, but I'm so happy that I stayed true to my original story arc and saw them through to better times!!
I love this little patchwork family 🤍 Hope you enjoy the ending...

Until next time! Much love...
Lore 🦋 (@Avalore_8)

~~

A wonky, handmade banner draped proudly above the open front door:

'Happy 30th Birthday Dada'

And a photographic celebration walkway - through the house, out of the back door, beneath a chain of fairy-light twinkled, white gazebos, leading to the barn.

Warm light and lively music filtering out from beneath the wooden doors of the towering structure - backdrop to the joyful zest and gaiety of the celebration at full flow within...

Children in breathless fits of happiest hysteria as they joined hands to spin about the dancefloor with the quickening beat, round and round until small limbs tangled to collapse dizzily onto the straw-padded floor, decadent delight of being allowed to stay up long past usual bedtimes.

Adult friends, new and old - Western and Eastern - glass lager bottles clinked in cheers, sparkling eyes as each shouted to be heard above the raucous vibrations of bass and guitar through colossal speakers.

But party's host Mew slipping out unnoticed from betwixt those creaking wooden doors. Walking that prettiest pathway - lined on both sides with flower garlands of richest crimson, coral, fuchsia and primrose - in reverse.

Making his way, searchingly, back to the front entrance steps, where a lone figure sat, half-drank Singha in hand, staring misty-eyed out into the dark depths of the blanketing forest that surrounded their home.

Private reverie broken by the second man's arrival, the first flashing a gleaming, youthful grin up at him, before resting his head down upon the other's shoulder as he seated himself beside on the step, elder's arm reaching around the younger's frame to pull him closer in to the warmth of his own body.

Comfortable, cosy, contemplative silence - echoes only of the barn's overspilling revelry - until at last Gulf voiced out into the night:

"Do you ever feel like this is all just a dream?"

A moment's reflection, before...

"Yes baby, every morning when I wake up to your sleeping face and Maddie's elbows in my stomach"

Mutual rolling of amused eyes as the younger groaned...

"That child moves like a ninja, always wedged between us by dawn"

"But you'll miss having a tickly mouthful of her curls when she finally deigns to stay all night in her own bed"

"Hmmm. And you say I'm the soft parent, Khun Suppasit?"

"Well - either way, Paithoon is the strictest member of the family by far"

"Hell yes, don't cross Pai", Gulf imitating a Hail Mary.

Tipsy snickers from the pair, before:

"Baby, did you see her dancing with that Kasem boy?"

"Shai...do you think she likes him? They've been friends a long time. I know she's 15 now but, is she ready for more?"