Chapter 2

Yoongi pads back into the living room where his other dongsaengs and hyung are passing fretted glances at each other. They all sit straight up as Yoongi enters.

"Is he alright, hyung?" Jeongguk asks. His big doe eyes are wide.

"He will be," Yoongi answers ominously, before realizing that his response made his family even more concerned. "I mean, yeah. He's okay." He corrects himself. "He just had a panic attack, which caused him to slip a little, but he's okay."

"Slip? Did he fall? Is he hurt?" Seokjin hurriedly wonders. He didn't hear anyone fall, but maybe Taehyung had just tripped or something.

Crap! Yoongi thinks. "No, he didn't fall, but he did get a little scared when he tripped." Okay, just a white lie. They'll believe that.

"Ahh, okay."

"Do you know what caused it?" Namjoon pipes up.

"I'm afraid not, but if it happens again, I can help him through it." After all, I've had my fair share of panic attacks, Yoongi thinks.

When Taehyung opens his eyes the next morning, he feels content. And then confused because he doesn't remember getting into bed last night, nor does he remember cuddling with his Tata plushie. Whatever, he thinks, I was probably just out of it after practice. He brushes off his intrigue with a simple conclusion, and trods into the kitchen where Yoongi is making breakfast. That's odd, Yoongi hyung's never up early enough to make breakfast, let alone American pancakes. But lo and behold, there his grumpy hyung is, doing just that.

"Mornin' Tae-ah. Mm, sleep well?" His hyung grumbles out.

"Yeah, I think. But I must've been exhausted after dance the other day because I can't even remember getting in bed." If Yoongi has a reaction to this, he doesn't show it.

Before long, a hefty stack of chocolate chip panca- wait, chocolate chip?? Who kidnapped Yoongi hyung?! Tae wonders as his other hyungs and Jeongguk gather around the table. As they all settle down with mountains of pancakes, butter, and syrup, Taehyung can't help but feel that something is a little off. Was there something that happened last night? He can't seem to remember much since the ride home... Pushing his thoughts aside, Tae focuses on the pancakes. They taste so good, and before he realizes it, a strangely familiar fuzz settles around his head.

Yoongi, at the other end of the table, is just now realizing that maybe such a sweet breakfast food was maybe a bad idea for him to eat, as now he is beginning to feel the static of little space. He got up extra early to make something for his dongsaeng, but maybe he should have just had cereal himself. He knows it won't be too much longer until his eyes glaze over and his demeanor changes, but he needs to keep an eye on Taehyung. Yoongi resolves to get Tae out of there, though, when he can see the boy's hands become more uncoordinated.

"Hey Taehyungie-ah, I forgot to mention this, but I'm working on a track that could use some of your deep vocals. I need to get to the studio now though, could you come with me?" Yoongi asks, coincidentally at one of those moments in group conversations that fall completely silent. Suddenly feeling awkward, he backpedals, "I mean, if you want to..."

"Uh, sure hyung! Just lemme finish up these amazing pancakes-"

"NO!" Yoongi shouts, loud and abrasive. Uh-oh! I'm slippin' an fast! Gotta do somefin... Oh! "Sorry! I just, I gots a lot of pressure recently fwom- sorry, from another producer, an I really need to gets dis finished, I mean, get this finished..."

"Ah, Yoongi-hyung, you know you need to tell me if they're getting too harsh on you. They shouldn't be pushing deadlines on you so constantly," Namjoon pipes up from the stunned table.

"Okay, I'll get ready hyung, just give me a sec," Taehyung says sourly.
"Great, great, danks- no, um, thanks," Yoongi throws out lamely.