Chapter 4

It's two weeks later before the event at the Genius Lab is brought up again. After the boys woke up, totally out of little space, Taehyung had left without a word, leaving Yoongi alone. They begin avoiding each other, and the hyungs are getting suspicious. So an intervention is made.

Jin is the one who hauls Yoongi out of his studio (forcefully, might I add) just for the occasion, and Jeongguk gets Taehyung in the living room under the guise of playing Mario Kart together. Tae is about to chuck a blue shell at Jeongguk when the eldest members come through the front door.

"Ugh, can't it wait, hyungggg? I am literally this close to finishing that beat! I'm gonna lose the idea if I'm away for too long..." Still complaining, Yoongi trails off as he spots Taehyung in the living room. Ever the sharp one, he understands immediately. Though Yoongi has actually been attempting to approach Taehyung since the event, so he quietly goes to sit on the couch.

Tae, however, immediately hops up, hurrying to make an excuse to leave.

"Nope," Jeongguk pipes up from the ground. "This is an intervention, hyung. You both have been avoiding each other recently, and it's screwing with our dynamic. ARMY's been commenting about it on the Run! Episodes."

"Well, it's not my fault hyung thinks I'm a child!" Tae fires back.

"Of course he thinks you're a child! He thinks everyone younger than him is a child! That's just how he is!" Jimin, who had been watching the Mario Kart tournament previously, explains.

"No! You don't get it! He doesn't just see me as younger, he flipping cornered me in his studio to tell me that not only does he flipping act like a literal baby in his free time, but now he thinks I do too!" Frack! Yoongi thinks as Taehyung practically spits out his secret, and he begins to dissociate. His eyes dim as they stare into space, his body already having curled up without him noticing. The only thing he's still aware of is the thumb creeping ever closer to his mouth. Lost in his mind, Yoongi doesn't recognize that the room has fallen silent. They're staring at him. Also watching as that pesky thumb from earlier finally slips between his own kitten lips. Then he starts to shake.

Everyone stares as Yoongi falls into a panic attack, the room still in shock from Taehyung's accusation. Even Namjoon, the best at helping during attacks, can't help but feel paralyzed. Finally, Hoseok can't take it any more, and he cautiously approaches the now sobbing hyung before him.

"Hyung...?" He whispers softly, not expecting Yoongi to break down further at that word.

"See? What'd I tell you all? He's even got a thumb in his mouth for God's sake!" Taehyung yells. This doesn't go over well though, as the loud sound spurs Yoongi into dashing out the front door. He doesn't stop to put on shoes or a jacket.

Yoongi finally comes out of his panic attack in an unknown area of Seoul. Unfortunately, he's still pretty deep in headspace. He wanders for a little while, hoping that he will cross the BigHit building so he can hide in his studio. He doesn't amble much farther before a black van pulls up beside him. Now, if there's one thing little Yoongi knows, it's beware of unknown cars. So he runs. But the van still chases him. Before long, he runs out of breath, and when the van pulls up again beside him, he can't run anymore. Luckily, he doesn't need to, because when the window rolls down, his friend Kihyun peers out at him.

"Hey Yoongs-hyung! Watcha doing out here?" His friend asks from the window. Glassy eyes gaze back at Kihyun, irises drowning in fear and hope. The boy on the street is silent, frozen. It takes but a moment for Kihyun to recognize that this is not his hyung.

"Oh shi- I mean, I'm sorry Yoon. I shouldn't have said that. Do you wanna get in the car? We can go back to my dorm, okay?" Yoongi nods shyly.