Ch. 88

Despite his numerous attempts to bargin with Chan, the elder did not budge even a single bit, and on Wednesday Minho was sent off to school to suffer immensely.

He had basically begged his older brother not to make him go, but he still had to, and it was hell. He constantly felt like everyone knew what he had done to Jisung, even though it was most likely not a single person even knew anyone had even gotten hurt.

And Thursday was no better. He still felt naked and exposed and completely and utterly guilty and regretful. He really wanted to say sorry, but Chris wasn't letting him.

That was, until Jeongin pulled him aside and  told Minho that Jisung wanted to see him so that the two of them could 'talk'.

It was rather anxiety enducing just thinking about what the younger might say to him when they finally met up, but he was also very much looking forward to the whole ordeal.

It was a chance to explain himself, and possibly apologized in person rather than just writing some stupid letter. This was a good opportunity for Minho to get a few things off of his chest, and get to know Jisungs point of view.

Now, though he had been nervous before hand, it was only when he had checked into the hospital and started down the empty halls for Jisungs room, did he genuinely start to feel the full effects of his nerves.

His hands were trembling violently, and the urge to run away and hide in a trash can seemed to be slowly seducing him.

He stopped at a certain door, making sure to double check the number and make sure it was the same one the lady at the front desk had given him.

What if his dad was there or something? What if Felix was currently visiting him? What if Jeongin had been mistaken, and Jisung actually didn't want to see Minho?

He knocked on the door a few times and it quickly opened for him, a woman in a nursing outfit welcoming him in as she left. The two boys were soon left alone, simply looking at one another. What were they supposed to say?

"Uhm.. hi." Minho said stiffly, "I heard you wanted to talk to me." The tension in the room was thick and awkward, so much so that Minho debated jumping out the window before it could get any worse.

"Hi." Jisung said quickly, "Come in.. I think we should talk.."

Seeing Jisung this way was a whole new thing to Minho, and he wasn't sure he could handle it. There was a cast on his left arm and wires and tubes poking out of him in way too many places, not to mention his heart rate had picked up when Minho entered the room.

It was visibly different on the monitors beside the bed.

Minho nodded slightly and walked into the room uncomfortably, "Do you want me to close the door.. or no..?"

Jisung nodded, "Go ahead."

Minho did as he was told and stood awkwardly at the foot of the bed, not daring to step any closer.

Jisung was sat upright with his legs crossed and a Capri-Sun held in his hands firmly, he almost looked like a chipmunk as he sucked on the straw.

Or a squirrel...

Minho had to admit, through all of the wires, casts and bruises, Jisung looked.. adorable. Innocent and friendly, as if he was oblivious to why he was in the hospital in the first place.

"Take a seat. Theres no use in being so far away." He motioned to the chair scootched up beside the bed.

Minho followed the directions given and sat down stiffly, as if keeping on lookout for something. He glanced around the room before finally letting his eyes settle on the boy beside him, and his heart melted.

He was watching Minho silently as he sat holding his drink with both hands and sucking on it. Minho was sure that his heart was loud enough for the both of them to hear.

"Why did you do it?" Jisung finally asked, catching the elder off guard. It was a sudden question, and for a moment Minho wasn't sure how to answer.

"Do what?" He asked, as if that wasn't one of the most stupid and obvious questions ever asked in the history of all human civilization.

"Why did you set me up like that. You know I really trusted you.." Jisung sipped on his juice again, still holding it like a small rodent.

"Are you referring to the text?" Minho asked, "Because I never sent that."

Jisung sighed, rolling his eyes, "Minho, it came from your phone, I'd appreciate it if you didn't lie to me right now. If you can't tell I'm not really in the mood."

"I mean it. I invited Jeong-Hoon and the other two over to my apartment and my phone went missing, later, after Jeong-Hoon.. hurt you, he gave it back." Minho tried to convince him, "You can ask Chan, I was complaining to him about my phone being gone before the incident."

"Don't call it 'the incident', just say I got beat up. There's no use in avoiding it now." Jisung mentioned, "And I will be checking with Chan on that the next time he visits. Just so you know."

"Chris visits you?" Minho asked.

"Yes. You sound surprised. He comes around during the day when Felix is in school and my dad is in work, so I'm not so lonely." He took another sip of his Capri-Sun.

"Oh.." Minho looked away, "Thats nice of him. You know I would have come sooner but Chan advised my not to."

"And he was right to do so. I'm kind of scared of you y'know." Jisung said calmly.

Hearing this though, really fucking hurt Minho. He knew he should have expected Jisung to be scared after everything he had done, but hearing it out loud was whole knew feeling.

"Ah.." was all Minho could manage to say. He felt like he was on the verge of tears now, but held them in, "I'm, I'm really sorry Jisung. I know I wasn't the one who hurt you, but I should have done something. I was shocked and scared and I was absolutely stupid not to help you. I've been a real dick to you and from now on I think I'm just going to distance myself. It seems like no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do, it ends up disadvantaging you. You should tell the police Jisung, they would be glad to know who did it and it would be a favor to everyone else in the school for the four of us to be gone. We can get arrested for this you know, so just think about it. It would benefit you in ways you probably haven't even thought about. I might turn myself in if you dont.."

"But I don't want to lose you.." Jisung said quietly. He now held his Capri-Sun in his lap, grasping it with both hands lightly. He didn't feel like drinking it anymore.

"What?" Minho was kind of shocked and confused, "What about me could you possibly want to keep around?"

Jisung sighed and looked at his lap, "I don't know.. all of you? I like you Minnie.." he whispered, seemingly pouting.

"And I.. I like you too. You know there's nothing we can do though. Our ship sailed a long time ago Jisung." Minho tried to smile in order to comfort the boy, but couldn't bring himself to, "Right person, wrong time."

"Then make it the right time." Jisung sniffled, "Do something.. anything..."

Minho was taken aback by this, "I.. I'll try.." he whispered, standing up, "I'll see you some other time Jisung. It was nice talking to you.."

And with that, Minho was gone.

But not forever. Definitely not forever.