TWENTY SEVEN

Every sound stopped. The universe went quiet. All that remained was a lifeless, bloodied, beaten corpse, and a woman. A lonely, dignified, peaceful woman.

The events of every last moment in the past few years replayed over and over. 

Vivan. HTF. Wine. Clubbing. Tank top. Rossi's house. Spencer.

Spencer.

Spencer.

It was done. It was all over with. 

Giselle could finally be at peace.

Finally, as if someone snapped their fingers together, the sounds of the universe came back to Giselle. Images of her vision were no longer blurry. The windows looked like windows, her feet looked like feet, and Reagan looked... well...

She looked better dead.

Although the sight of her long-time foe made Giselle well up with a feeling she couldn't quite describe, she felt something much stronger than she had ever felt.

Relief.

She could leave. She could live her life how she always wanted.

It was done. 

Suddenly, the nighttime light pouring from the windows was painted with flashes of red and blue. 

Red and blue.

Red and blue.

Giselle shot up and ran to the door with all the might she had left in her weak body. 

They found her. 

She had faith and it worked. 

She pounded on the door with both of her bruised, bloody fists and screamed with every ounce of humanity she had left.

"I'M IN HERE!! COME GET ME!! PLEASE- IM HERE!"

She pounded until her arms couldn't move any longer- and before she could slide down to the floor in exhaustion, the two large metal doors swung wide open, showing a SWAT team and some field FBI workers. Giselle broke down with joyous tears and ran through the men and up the stairs. 

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. She stumbled on a few steps, but she didn't care. She was so close to freedom that it physically pained her. 

And with a few more agonizing steps, Giselle burst out into the sweet, welcoming city air that she had missed so dearly. And with a scream of pure joy and a breakdown of tears, Giselle reached her hands toward the sky and thanked whatever power that was watching over her that day.

It was all going to be okay. 

But in the midst of her rejoicing, she heard a voice.

 "Giselle!"

It was a voice she knew so familiarly. A voice that struck down to the deepest part of her soul. 

"Oh my god, Giselle!"

She looked down from the sky to see Spencer Reid running to her at full speed. But it was at this very moment that she realizes she didn't feel the nervous pain in her chest that usually came along with seeing Spencer. No, this time was different. In her heart, Giselle felt a light, pounding, joyous sensation that she had never felt before in her life. 

She was certain at that very moment that she was put on this earth to love Spencer Reid. 

She let herself go as she ran into his lanky, lean arms. He held onto her so tight that she thought she may burst- but she wasn't upset with it. She would have had him hold her tighter if she could. She never wanted to leave his grasp ever again. 

Spencer nuzzled his face in Giselle's neck, and Giselle took in his all too familiar scent. Cinnamon and old books. That was a scent she would spend the rest of her life longing for. 

"Giselle- I heard everything. Everything you said to her."

Spencer said as his voice was coated and covered by tears.

"Is.. Did you.."

And in a moment of clarity, anguish, and absolute joy, Giselle pulled her face away from Spencer's chest and looked back at him with the most loving expression that she had ever felt. 

"Spence. I meant every single word."

With no hesitation at all, Giselle grabbed Spencer and pulled him close to her, locking their lips together in a pair that had been begging to be united since the first day they met. In that moment, everything seemed so clear and right as Spencer reached his hand around through Giselle's hair, worshiping her lips through his own. And for the first time in Giselle's life, she was ready to let go beyond expectation.