FOUR

"Giselle..."

She turned around, looking to the figure standing behind her. It was...

No. 

She felt her blood run cold. 

How was she back here? 

Giselle tried to run away, but her feet were tied together with blue rope. She tried to use her hands to push it off, but they were fastened tightly above her head. 

In fright, Giselle opened up her mouth to scream- to let someone know that she needed help. But nothing came out. Her words were rendered useless as the man of her nightmares began to approach her.

"Giselle..."

He called out again, drawing closer and closer to Giselle's beaten body. He took a switchblade out of his pocket, twirling it between his fingers, and she felt her blood run cold. This was it. 

This was the end.

And as he brought the switchblade right up next to her throat, he called out her name one last time...

"Giselle!"

Giselle shot up in bed, feeling her whole body slick with cold sweat. She opened her eyes and frantically looked around. Oh... it was just a dream. 

Giselle rubbed her eyes in an attempt to clear her blurred vision. When that failed, she reached over onto her nightstand and grabbed her glasses, putting them on her nose. There was light pouring through the curtains, and Giselle felt herself panic. What time was it? She turned around and much to her surprise, saw Spencer standing in front of her bed with his hands in his pockets. 

"Jesus!"

She yelped, putting a hand to her chest. 

"You scared the hell out of me!"

Spencer's cheeks blushed and he scratched the back of his neck as he looked at Giselle. 

"Sorry- I... uh- Hotch was wondering where you were, and I remembered how you said that you couldn't sleep last night, so I told him that you were up all night with a cold."

He rocked back and forth on his heels, avoiding eye contact with Giselle. 

"And uh... He told me to come and get you in a few more hours so that you could rest."

Giselle looked at him blankly. He lied for her? Why?

"You didn't have to lie for me."

Giselle said, standing up out of bed. Spencer's face fell as he heard those words, and Giselle caught his glance as he did so. Shit. She didn't mean to make him feel bad. 

"But... Thank you. That was very kind."

It was clear that Reid was relieved, because he let out a small exhale before taking his hands out of his pockets, smiling towards Giselle in an awkward fashion. Giving him a semi-sweet smile in return, Giselle walked to her desk and grabbed the clothes that she had set out for work the previous evening. Giselle turned to look in the mirror and saw that her face had paled since the previous day. Her hair was in knots all around her face- her eyes beady and red from the lack of sleep. 

"How did you get into my room?"

Giselle queried, turning around to Reid and crossing her arms over her chest. 

"Hotch gave me the key. I figured you wouldn't have woken up if I just knocked."

Boy genius scratched his head as he took a step towards Giselle.