Chapter three

"Please don't gø"

"We'll make it out of here, I promise."
That's the first thing he said when Nightmare woke up. It was another painful nap, he got hit in the head because he tried to be kind and help someone but nobody liked him they always hit him because he is hated. He opened his eyes to the beautiful grey sky, the sun was hidden like every time something went wrong in his life.

"What happened?"
He asked with a weak voice.

"You don't remember?"

"My head hurt, did I say something wrong again?"
He holds him tighter.

"You just fell by accident and they happened to be here! They didn't do anything to you don't worry, it's simply your imagination." The lie he had just said was painfully mean and violent. They hit him! All those dumb kids did it and Dream isn't even agreeing with him! Nightmare stared at them as he felt bad, he loves Dream because of his sweetness and energy but this time he went too far. He wanted to let all of his tears out but his head hurt too much, he swallowed his growing hate towards Dream.

"Come with me."
Nightmare got up and took Dream's hand, they ran for some minutes in silence because Nightmare was too upset and Dream too innocent to know he did something wrong, he couldn't feel his brother's pain because he was always negative. They arrived to a small house, it was broken and old but it was still a pretty place that looked comfortable and hotter than outside, even with the broken windows.

"What is that?"

"A house."

"Well I knew it!"
Nightmare rolls his eyes.

"Look at that."
Nightmare walked to a small and golden object attached to the wall of the house.

"Is that a bell?"

"Yep! When you feel bad so you say that you want to be left alone but it's a lie and you actually want a huge hug come here and ring the bell." No matter how frustrated he felt, he couldn't stop loving his little brother.
Dream smiled, he jumped in Nightmare's arms to hug him.

"Awe thank you soooo much Night! That's a good idea"
Nightmare smiled, he felt his heart racing in his chest, how could he smile at him after what he's done?

"Be careful when you are not with me, okay?" If Dream wasn't taking care of him, he would.

"I always am."
He laughed.

"Lucky you..." He muttered. "You always fall by accident though even if the villagers are so fucking nice to you Dream."

"Hey! Language Night."
Swearing was Nightmare's thing, not Dream's.

"Yeah yeah, sorry Dream."

"Do you think it's my fault if they hit me?"
Nightmare murmured as he looked away from Dream, he felt embarrassed.

"They- I.. I don't know."

"..Sorry"

"Can we go back to the tree now?" Nightmare nod as he hide his tears with his hands. It was close to night time as the sky started to get darker minutes by minutes, when they were in front of the tree they saw humans and monster standing there, a band of kids trying to get some golden apples.

"Hey! You don't have the right to take the apples!
Nightmare yelled.

"Oh~ the little boy is mad because we are gonna take some apples that doesn't even belong to him?" He tried to explain to them that they couldn't take them because it wasn't in their rights. They didn't or couldn't understand. They lift their hands towards Nightmare, they pulled his hair and punched him, he fell in the grass, he grins.

"What does unintelligent people do when they don't understand? Hit." He mocks them with the strength he's got. Dream ran to Nightmare to ask him if he was okay with a grin he cried out :

"I'm fine! Go away!" Dream stared at him.

"Why are you lying? I won't leave you!"

"Because they do that everyday! I'm used to it now, you never care about me Dream, why do you care now?" Dream walked away from his brother, he muttered a small sorry to the teens who slowly left pissed off.

"You guys are freaks! Leave the tree alone you bunch of motherfuckers!"
The boy looked at the villagers who started to laugh and mock him, Dream helped Nightmare to get up.

"I wish you could like them."
Dream murmured in his brother's ears. Nightmare wanted to run away from everything, his heart was in Dream's hand and he pressed it tightly, each of his sentence being more painful than the past one.

"Hm.."

"It'll be fine, I'm sure things will get better Night." Nightmare sobbed softly.

"I promise brother, they'll love you soon!"

"They'll never love me like you." Beautiful, painful and important love.

"I love you." They mutter to each other."

"I hate you." They muttered to each other.

---

I'm not mad at him, I'll never be, I'm sad and angry, he was the only I could trust and I was a monster. Maybe I should never promise anything and never trust anyone like I trusted villagers. It was villagers and I against Night then, It's him against me now.