Spiteful Saturday

December 21, 2019 (Later Day/Early Evening)

Sue left Emily's apartment in the very early morning hours. After everything that happened between them when they got to Emily's apartment, Sue slept for a few hours and slipped away out of the apartment without Emily even noticing. She woke up expecting to see Sue still in her bed and was disappointed when she realized that she wasn't. And quite honestly—Emily was upset by it, too. She felt used since Sue could just up and leave without saying anything. Emily knew Sue had to get back home to James before he asks where she's been all night but it still doesn't change the fact that Emily was feeling annoyed.

Actually, she was so annoyed by this fact and annoyed by the fact that James simply existed, that she decided to say fuck it and go on that date that she told Sue she wouldn't. She knew Sue wasn't going to like it, but right now—she didn't care. She had to make Sue see that Emily is the one she wants and not James, and if that means going out on dates and making her jealous then so be it.

She texted Sue earlier in the day, but never got a response. It was 6:00 P.M. and Emily looked at her phone again, pulling up the message she sent to Sue.

Emily – 11:03 A.M.

Didn't want to wake me up to say goodbye? I feel ditched.

The text had still been unanswered, and Emily knew Sue saw it—she'd been active on socials today and she always had her phone nearby. Emily brushed it off, though. If it was a game Sue wanted to play, then Emily was ready for it. Just when she thought she had Sue wrapped around her finger, she feels brushed off to the side. Emily wasn't a second-place girl—she was a prize. And she needed Sue to see that the way that she saw that in Sue.

Emily had just finished getting ready for her date—she dressed herself up in a white sweater, fitted black pants and of course her doc marten boots—she was never one for heels. She looked at herself in the mirror next to her front door, fixing her hair a bit before grabbing her bag and walking out the door. She was meeting up with a girl named Sarah that she initially met at a bar months ago, Emily never texted her until early this week, and they finally set something up. They were set to meet up at the bar they had originally met at during the summer, which was only a five-minute walk from Emily's apartment.

Once Emily arrived, she walked into the bar and she saw Sarah already sitting there, waiting for her. She was a cute girl—short red hair, these cute freckles on her face and big glasses. She was curvy and Emily liked that—initially it was what caught her eye in the first place. She was wearing jeans and a Christmas-esque plaid shirt and brown boots.

Emily approached her at the bar and tapped her shoulder, "Sarah—hey!" Sarah turned to look at Emily and she smiled at her as Emily took her jacket off and put it on the back of the stool before taking the seat next to her.

"Emily, it's great to finally see you again." She said, waving the bartender over. "I was surprised to hear from you."

The bartender came over, "What can I get you ladies?"

"I'll take an Old Fashioned—Emily?" Sarah said, looking at Emily with a smile.

She smiled back and looked at the bartender, "A mojito, please."

"Coming right up." He said, walking away to start their drink order.

"Why were you surprised?" Emily asked, continuing the conversation.

"Well—it had been months since you took down my number, I figured I wouldn't hear from you." Sarah said.

"I apologize for that—I, uh—it's just been so busy at work. I've hardly had a free minute even when I'm not at the office." Emily explained, apologetically.