Good Mornings and Cookouts

May 23, 2020

Time truly ceased to exist during the lockdown in Boston—some days were slower than others, but it felt like only yesterday that the stay-at-home order was put into effect. The reality of it was that it had been more than two months at this point and things didn't look like they were going to be easing up anytime soon.

Emily and Sue had kept their circle small during this all—only seeing Vinnie and a couple of girlfriends on a very rare occasion. Everyone was being very cautious and staying at home—really only going out to get groceries and other essentials. Now that Summer was about to roll in, more people were spending time outside as it was deemed 'safe' to do so, if people continued to distance and wear masks.

Saturday morning had rolled around and Emily and Sue had a hectic week with work as usual. They were both happy to have the long weekend for Memorial Day to relax and de-stress from work. Vinnie and Jane were set to come over later in the day to have a mini cookout on the deck that was attached to Emily and Sue's apartment unit—it was a small space, but it was enough space for the four of them to enjoy their time and catch up. They had a grill and small garden table on it, so they would be able to spend most of the time outside—making things a bit more safer for everyone.

Sue rolled over in bed so she was facing Emily who had still been sleeping. Emily was sprawled out—her tummy on the sheets and comforter resting on her bare mid-back. Sue propped herself up on her elbow, resting her head on her hand as she looked lovingly at the girl sleeping next to her.

Emily was the love of her life—truly—and Sue couldn't believe it took them this long to realize how much they were meant to be together. She brought her hand to Emily's back and began slowly gliding her nails up and down her skin.

"Emily..." Sue whispered, scratching her nails in a circular motion gently along her back.

Emily didn't budge.

"Baby..." She whispered again, scooting her body closer this time. She continued to scratch her back and started placing small kisses on her upper back as she moved Emily's hair out of the way.

"Mm?" Emily finally hummed, still staying in her lying position on her tummy.

Sue continued to kiss Emily's back and moved her hand that was previously scratching it down a bit, pulling the comforter down to expose more of her bare back. Sue moved her body on top of Emily now and her chest was against Emily's lower back as she kissed her way up to her neck.

"It's time to wake up," Sue said softly, putting her hands on Emily's waist as she kissed the back of her neck.

"I don't want to," Emily sighed, relaxing underneath Sue. She sighed happily before continuing, "But don't stop doing that either."

Sue chuckled and pulled her lips away from Emily's neck and stared at the side of her head.

Emily side-eyed Sue on top of her and raised her eyebrow, "Why'd you stop?"

Sue crawled off her and smirked as she crawled down the entirety of her body.

"Turn around." Sue said, looking down at Emily. Sue was on her knees at the edge of the bed and waited for Emily to turn her body/

Emily sighed and turned over so she was lying on her back now, looking up at a very naked Sue.

"Well, hello there." Emily flirted, staring at her girl.

"Hello." Sue flirted back, raising her eyebrows before she began to crawl up Emily's body, placing kisses on the way up.

Emily looked down as Sue placed the slow kisses up her body. She loved the feeling—smiling in bliss as she closed her eyes at the feeling of Sue's lips on her skin. Sue made it up to her neck and placed a couple of kisses on it before coming face to face with Emily. She propped her elbows next to Emily's head and put her hands in her hair as she looked her in the eyes.