𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆-𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲

dear yuuji,

your letters have found their way to me.

you know, when you 'died', i cried. of course i did. i just lost my best friend in the whole damn world. you were just gone without a single goodbye. people told me you were dead, so i mourned you.

and then to hear and see that you were still alive? that's just cruel. it hurt me so much. i can't believe you did that.

but all i wanted to do was hug you.

crazy, isn't it? you hurt me so incredibly much, but all i wanted to do was hug you, and be with you.

i didn't hug you, of course. i was so mad that i couldn't get myself to do that. i should've done it, that would've been a lot better. to just hug you... one last time.

oh well, it's too late now.

but i forgive you, yuuji.

you know what hurts me even more than anything? what hurts me even more than all that has happened?

it was you kissing me.

why did you do that?!

it has been something that i wanted you to do for so long, but not like this!

you're gone now.

you're dead.

and it's for real now.

no fake death, not you disappearing out of nowhere... no. you're really gone this time. i saw you die, so it's for real. i saw it with my own eyes. i saw your body.

i saw it vanish.

you're gone.

yuuji... i hope you're okay up there. and i mean it.

i have wanted you to kiss me, to hold me, to just be with me for so long... but it's all gone wrong. you kissing me before the final fight, dammit yuuji, it was killing me. i couldn't stop thinking about it.

and now you're gone, for good. you won't be coming back, ever.

and you know what? i take everything i said back. just forget about it, okay? whatever i said, i take it back.

because all that matters is that you died a hero. you saved the world from so much trouble. you became the true hero you always wanted to be.

i'm so proud of you.

and i'll miss you, yuuji.

please take care up there! i will see you again one day, and then we can be together. but for now, watch over me, okay? i will save the world again and again... while i think about you.

i'll be going now before my tears will stain the whole paper.

oh...

and one last thing.

i love you, yuuji.

see you whenever.

love,

— y/n