00. (Y/n) (L/n)

Have you ever wondered what demons actually were like? They are depicted as man eating beasts that resent the sun as it burns their flesh. Cold creatures that share no compassion for humanity. However, that didn't matter to my mother. No, she was fascinated by their destructive and dark nature. It went to the point of nursing a demon she found in the woods, injured and weak. She always told me that she didn't know why he never put up a struggle, perhaps it was because he had given up or he was too tired. Whatever his reason, he became attached, and protected her from any danger that came to her. Soon enough, they fell in love, and that lead to me. Society didn't like the idea of a demon family among them, so we fled and I could never seem to trust many humans.

They called us demons, yet they always seem to have something to discriminate others for. Us demons only judge on physical power, which I suppose is only a bit less awful. They take what isn't their's, and lie to get their way. There are no honest humans.

Then again, there are some humans who are kind. A group of demon slayers that were originally requested to end my father and I, but I suppose seeing us being a regular family changed their minds. Tanjiro was a kind boy who held quite a bit of sympathy for my family's situation due to his younger sister, Nezuko, also being a demon. Inosuke was a loud mouth who keeps asking me and my dad to fight him and is a bit on the dull side. Zenitsu was also loud, but that's mostly because he's quite cowardly. Nezuko, despite being a demon, was kind and protective. She was also affectionate and passionate.

These people were exceptions to my wariness towards humans, they were trustworthy. They were kind, fun, laughable, and true. These people were the only outsiders I could ever trust.

At least, that's what I'd like to say.

I believed I could only trust them, but I found others in the strangest of places. They were.. odd, to say the least. It wasn't easy being with them, there were so many dangers and and so much drama that I simply couldn't comprehend, but I trusted them. Perhaps it was their nobleness, their bravery, their connection to each other, or something else that led me to trust them.

Eventually, they became people I could trust.

The became my friends.